Tag: u district station
Brooklyn Ave reopens today near U District Station, signaling the start of a new era for the neighborhood
After eight years behind construction barriers, Brooklyn Ave NE and NE 43rd Street are finally starting to reopen today, Sound Transit announced. Brooklyn will open to all traffic while 43rd will open sidewalks. This is a big deal for the neighborhood and a reminder that the opening of Brooklyn Station…ahem, I mean U District Station…tagged: brooklyn, the ave, u district, u district station
Which NE 43rd St concept do you like best for U District Station access?
U District Station is going to change everything about the neighborhood when it begins operating in 2021, and the streets should reflect that. Located at Brooklyn Ave and NE 43rd Street, the main station entrance should be supported by streets that reflect the walking, biking and transit focus needed to help it succeed and thrive.…tagged: sdot, u district, u district mobility plan, u district station
Seattle needs more homes. U District design plan is a good start
More people want to live in Seattle than there are homes. The number of people moving to our magnificent city is growing faster than all those cranes you see in the skyline can build. When homes are put out to bid at market values, people who have more money get them. Those who don’t have…tagged: hala, u district, u district station
U District Station open house will discuss bike access
Tunneling for the Northgate Link extension is on schedule for completion this year, meaning station construction work will begin shortly after. So now is the time to make sure bike parking and safe bike route connections are not only included in the final design work, but are high quality. Sound Transit is hosting an open…tagged: sound transit, u district, u district station
Arriving in August. Preorder now.
- Pedaling Relief Project nears milestone: Hauling 1 million pounds of local food bank donations by bike
- Oregon considers bill to make it easier to fund school bike buses
- Alert 6/5-9: Port is repairing Interbay Trail bumps + Planned detour has very tight squeezes – UPDATED
- Crosscut: Seattle Police are leaders in violent use of bikes during protests
- 32 Congressmembers including Rep. Jayapal urge adding walking and biking safety to vehicle safety ratings
- You should join the Bike Advisory Board (or any of these other boards)
- Thursday: Feit will release poetry collection ‘The Night of Electric Bikes’ at Good Weather
- Beacon Hill bike lane plan gets more detailed + City finds ways to add nearby parking
Got a tip? Email Tom.
Get posts via email
Join the Seattle Bike Blog Supporters
Supporters receive endless love in addition to the satisfaction of knowing you helped power independent bike news in the Seattle area. Please consider supporting the site financially if you are able, starting at $5 per month:
Bike Events Calendar
Latest on Mastodon