Tag: the junction
West Seattle Greenway to bridge 35th and connect to the Junction this year
This month SDOT says they are starting work on an extension of the West Seattle Neighborhood Greenway, which will finally connect the current greenway in the south end of the neighborhood with Alaska Junction. Most notably, the project will bring a major redesign to one of the area’s most problematic intersections, 35th Ave SW and…tagged: high point, the junction, west seattle, west seattle greenways
After community push, West Seattle is getting its first bike corral
I received a fun email from West Seattle Bike Connections this morning. After a community push to make sure a proposed bike corral actually happens in the Junction, the group announced that the city will install an on-street bike parking corral at California and Alaska. Good job, WSBC and everyone who helped push the city…
West Seattle residents want bike corral at the Junction, White Center discusses first corral on 16th
Seattle has been doing a great job installing on-street bike corrals around town this year. Well, maybe not ALL around town. West Seattle still does not have a corral despite demand for one in the Junction business district, and residents have taken to writing open letters and urging elected officials to get involved and help…
Why no bike lanes in the Fauntleroy ‘Green Boulevard’ plans?
Do you see anything missing from the image above? There are no bikes! The city is in the design phase of a so-called “Green Boulevard” on Fauntleroy Way SW between 35th Ave SW (AKA I-35) and SW Alaska St just east of the Junction. SDOT will host an open house tomorrow (Thursday) from 4–6 p.m.…
Arriving in August. Preorder now.
- Alert 6/5-9: Port is repairing Interbay Trail bumps + Planned detour has very tight squeezes – UPDATED
- Crosscut: Seattle Police are leaders in violent use of bikes during protests
- 32 Congressmembers including Rep. Jayapal urge adding walking and biking safety to vehicle safety ratings
- You should join the Bike Advisory Board (or any of these other boards)
- Thursday: Feit will release poetry collection ‘The Night of Electric Bikes’ at Good Weather
- Beacon Hill bike lane plan gets more detailed + City finds ways to add nearby parking
- Ballard HS Student: Missing bike racks limit biking to school in Seattle
- I love new Bike Lane Day
Got a tip? Email Tom.
Get posts via email
Join the Seattle Bike Blog Supporters
Supporters receive endless love in addition to the satisfaction of knowing you helped power independent bike news in the Seattle area. Please consider supporting the site financially if you are able, starting at $5 per month:
Bike Events Calendar
Latest on Mastodon