Tag: dan schulte
‘I hope that others who have gone through tragedy or will in the future will never feel alone’
Loved ones of just a couple of the 240 people killed in Seattle traffic in the past decade spoke to a gathering of friends, first responders, city officials, safe streets advocates and neighbors Thursday at City Hall. Neighbors then took their area’s share of the 212 silhouette figures event planners made (“There were actually 240…
After NE 75th St safety project: Speeding way down, safety way up, traffic delays … down?
The NE 75th Street Road Safety Corridor project (PDF) has been a huge success by every possible measure. The street is safer for everyone, it’s more comfortable for everyone, and everyone is moving more efficiently. When I say everyone, I mean everyone. According to a new city report, speeding is down 60 percent and high-end…
On year anniversary of devastating DUI, community rallies in call for ‘vision zero’
Dan Schulte told a crowd of residents gathered in memory of his parents and in a call for safer streets that being a public figure feels “strange” to him. In fact, he wasn’t even sure he wanted to be at the planned memorial walk and rally. “But when I think of my parents, I could…
King 5 interviews Dan Schulte ahead of today’s memorial walk
Though few people in our nation can say they have never had a friend or family member who has been involved in a serious traffic collision, the Schulte family’s past year has been unimaginable. One year ago, Judy and Dennis Schulte were killed when a drunk driver plowed into them while out on a walk…
Arriving in August. Preorder now.
- Pedaling Relief Project nears milestone: Hauling 1 million pounds of local food bank donations by bike
- Oregon considers bill to make it easier to fund school bike buses
- Alert 6/5-9: Port is repairing Interbay Trail bumps + Planned detour has very tight squeezes – UPDATED
- Crosscut: Seattle Police are leaders in violent use of bikes during protests
- 32 Congressmembers including Rep. Jayapal urge adding walking and biking safety to vehicle safety ratings
- You should join the Bike Advisory Board (or any of these other boards)
- Thursday: Feit will release poetry collection ‘The Night of Electric Bikes’ at Good Weather
- Beacon Hill bike lane plan gets more detailed + City finds ways to add nearby parking
Got a tip? Email Tom.
Get posts via email
Join the Seattle Bike Blog Supporters
Supporters receive endless love in addition to the satisfaction of knowing you helped power independent bike news in the Seattle area. Please consider supporting the site financially if you are able, starting at $5 per month:
Bike Events Calendar
Latest on Mastodon