It’s time for the Bike News Roundup! Set your browser to time theft mode.
First up, I did not include this video in the last Bike News Roundup, and there was almost a popular uprising against me. So here it is. Please end the sit-in at my house.
Pacific Northwest News
- Bicycling detours on rail-trail near Chehalis to continue at least another year » Biking Bis
- Bellevue police seek felony charge in hit and run | Seattle Times
- Burke-Gilman Trail armed robbery suspects sought | Seattle Times
- E Burnside project adds auto parking, leaves out bike lanes – BikePortland.org
- A Fair Share of Streets (Part 2) | Sightline Daily
- For less than $500,000, 3 Portland road diets are preventing 37 crashes every year – BikePortland.org
- What to do if you’re hit by a car while riding your bike | Grist
- Some NE Greenways tips for SDOT – Seattle Neighborhood Greenways
- UWPD launches policing project for Burke-Gilman Trail | The Daily
- Editorial: The Times recommends to vote yes on Seattle Transportation Benefit District Proposition 1 | The Seattle Times
- Bainbridge Island Shoulder Improvements Benefit Bicyclists | Washington Bikes
- UberPEDAL: From Two Wheels to Four | Uber Blog
- Council gets bike, pedestrian plan : The Issaquah Press
- 520′s Seattle-side replacement begins with West Approach Bridge North construction | CHS Capitol Hill Seattle
- Kidical Mass through Mad Campus recap | Family Ride
- A woonerf on Eighth Avenue may soon be a reality | The Urbanist
- Cliff Mass Weather Blog: Seattle’s Bicycle Superhighway Disintegrates: Why Doesn’t the City Care?
Halftime show! Here’s one way to add bike lanes to a bridge: JUST GO AHEAD AND DO IT. It’s really not that hard once you actually prioritize safety and non-motorized access in the city.
National & Global News
- Sunset Hills mayor charged with assault for allegedly hitting cyclist with car : STL Today
- The Road to Vision Zero Has Some Bumps in It | NY City Lens
- Another cross-state rail-trail in Missouri’s future » Biking Bis
- When Harassment of Bicyclists and Pedestrians Is a Crime – CityLab
- Why 12-Foot Traffic Lanes Are Disastrous for Safety and Must Be Replaced Now – CityLab
- Talking to your car can be dangerous, studies say | KOMO News
- Tim Blumenthal: The National Fight for People Who Bike | The Bicycle Story
- A happier ending to a bicyclist assault in Kentucky | PeopleForBikes
- Someone painted a graffiti dick on a $2.5 million car | Death and Taxes
- We’re Hiring: Executive Director – San Francisco Bicycle Coalition
- Cross-county cyclist battles Parkinson’s » Biking Bis
- Cyclists and walkers five times less likely to die during operations | road.cc
- The reason fewer US women cycle than the Dutch is not what you think it is | theguardian.com
- The Rate of Pedestrians Injured by Bicyclists Is Going Down – CityLab
This is an open thread.