Some despicable human being stole a truck-load of quality BMX bikes from the Bike Works backyard last night. The bikes were ready to be earned by students of their youth Earn-a-Bike program, which provides young people with the chance to earn a ride by completing a bike repair course and fixing the bike themselves.
Bike Works put out a call for donations to replace them:
The bikes were good quality rides “for the discriminating 10-13 year-old BMXer,” according to Tina at Bike Works. That means they were not cheap Wal-Mart/K-Mart bikes, of which the organization still has many (they love those, too, but Earn-a-Bike students deserve better!).
So if you have a bike like these lying around (or see one at a garage sale), now would be a great time to donate it.
Warehouse Sale January 29
In other Bike Works news, the Warehouse Sale is scheduled for noon – 4 p.m. January 29. The sale is fantastic even if for people who are not bike geeks. Details via Facebook:
· All “As Is” used bikes and frames will be discounted.
· Discounted used parts and accessories.
· Selection of discounted new parts and accessories.
· Refurbished used bikes.
· Trainers, trailers, Trail-A-Bikes, joggers, rollers, and auto racks.
· Pedi-cab service to/from our Bike Shop on S Ferdinand St.