I can only assume there was some kind of calendar mix-up, because there are at least three important bike-related meetings at the same time this evening.
It is also the first Wednesday of the month, so it’s the Bicycle Advisory Board’s monthly meeting at City Hall (6-8 p.m., Room L280).
And on Beacon Hill, the city will hold an open house to discuss a road safety plan on Beacon Ave S between 14th Ave S and the Mountains to Sound Trail.
The project includes new sidewalks, crossing improvements and a new ramp at the base of the S Holgate St bridge.
The meeting is from 6–7:30 p.m. at the Beacon Hill International School.
- S Holgate Street Bridge
- Replace staircase with a continuous sidewalk
- Increase safety and access for all
- Improve connection between Beacon Hill and SODO
- Beacon Avenue S from 14th Avenue S to S Holgate Street
- New sidewalk on the east side of the street
- Uphill bicycle lane
- Permanent street closure at 13th Avenue S with improvements
- 14th Avenue S and S College Street
- Curb bulbs to reduce pedestrian crossing distance
- Improve visibility and safety for people crossing the street
- Beacon Avenue S and 14th Avenue S
- All-way stop and marked crosswalks on all sides
- Reduce pedestrian crossing distance
- Southbound left/right turn only, except bicycles
- Reduce cut-through traffic on 14th Avenue S south of Beacon Avenue S