Pedal over to the U-District on Thursday, May 23, for the annual UW Trail Party. Join UW Transportation Services and the Cascade Bicycle Club from 4-7 p.m. for music, free bike fits, basic tune ups, and lots of giveaways along the Burke-Gilman Trail.
We’ll have free drawing at 4:30, 5:30, and 6:30 p.m. where anyone present will have the chance to win great prizes like a Bern Helmet, a MAXXON wireless brake light, a Chipotle burrito party for ten, a Racktime Bag or some delicious Theo Chocolate.
Also be sure to check out:
– The UW Commuter Services booth with give-a-ways for first time UW bikers and team captains;
– Membership specials including a free pair of JL Velo socks or $5 off if you join Cascade;
– Free bike fits and SmartID tags from Real Rehab and R2 Bicycles;
– UW Police doing bike registrations;
– Student Health Advisory Quorum selling discounted safety gear;
– Performance Bicycle providing free bike checks and basic maintenance;
– Information about World Bicycle Relief and the Red-Bell 100 ride;
– Free samples from Honest Tea;
– And Cascade’s own dj Dyno GT will be spinning tunes.
The event will take place in the park just off of the Burke-Gilman Trail between University Way and Brooklyn Ave. We hope to see you there!
- Got a tip? Email: Tom@SeattleBikeBlog.com
From the Bike Events CalendarJun29Monall-day Cascade Bicycle Club Gearheads Camp @ Cascade Bicycling CenterCascade Bicycle Club Gearheads Camp @ Cascade Bicycling CenterJun 29 – Jul 3 all-dayWeek long day camp for 9-12 year olds. 9AM-3PM daily. Details here. FacebookTwitterGoogleStumbleUponRedditPinterestEmailJul1Wed4:30 pm Lake City Crosswalk Action @ LCW & 125thLake City Crosswalk Action @ LCW & 125thJul 1 @ 4:30 pm – Jul 1 @ 5:30 pmLake City Greenways and the Lake City Way Traffic Safety Corridor Project will be staging our monthly crosswalk action: Wednesday, July 1 from 4:30 to 5:30 p.m. at the intersection of LCW and NE 125th Street. As usual, we … Continue reading →Jul2Thu6:30 pm Bike Works Volunteer Repair Party @ Bike Works ClassroomsBike Works Volunteer Repair Party @ Bike Works ClassroomsJul 2 @ 6:30 pm – 9:30 pmDetails: Are you a new volunteer? Do you have worktrade debt from a Bike Works class? Are you a volunteer from Bike Works past and want to re-engage? Are you interested in learning more about bikes while participating in some … Continue reading →
Bike-Friendly Business Showcase
Be a Seattle Bike Blog Supporter!
Seattle Bike Blog Supporters receive endless love, some special emails and whatever else we can think up to show our appreciation. We are totally independent, so your support directly powers all this pedal-powered news.
To sign up, just choose a monthly amount that fits your budget and set up auto-payments here:
- WA transportation ‘compromise’ spends billions on highways, ransoms transit but keeps most bike/walk funding
- DUI suspect kills person biking in Ravenna – UPDATE: RIP Andres Hulslander
- Summer Parkways 2015 headed to the Central District and Ballard
- Council keeps full-strength Move Seattle levy, adds extra safety emphasis
- 20/20 Cycle owner plans Central District electric cargo bike shop: Electric Lady
Seattle by Bike Flickr Pool
- DUI suspect kills person biking in Ravenna - UPDATE: RIP Andres Hulslander
- WA transportation 'compromise' spends billions on highways, ransoms transit but keeps most bike/walk funding
- Your guide to biking naked in the 2015 Fremont Solstice Parade
- The legendary Fremont Solstice naked/painted bike ride is Saturday
- The 35th Annual Seattle to Portland bike ride leaves UW Saturday
Tagsballard beacon hill bicycle alliance of washington bike counter bike lanes bike news roundup bike thefts bike works burke-gilman burke-gilman trail capitol hill capitol hill seattle cascade bicycle club central district city council construction crime cycle tracks deaths dexter downtown ed murray events fremont injuries king county parks mike mcginn missing link neighborhood greenways pronto emerald city cycle share protected bike lanes rainier valley road diets sdot seattle times sound transit spd uw video wallingford washington bikes westlake west seattle wrecks wsdot