Pedal over to the U-District on Thursday, May 23, for the annual UW Trail Party. Join UW Transportation Services and the Cascade Bicycle Club from 4-7 p.m. for music, free bike fits, basic tune ups, and lots of giveaways along the Burke-Gilman Trail.
We’ll have free drawing at 4:30, 5:30, and 6:30 p.m. where anyone present will have the chance to win great prizes like a Bern Helmet, a MAXXON wireless brake light, a Chipotle burrito party for ten, a Racktime Bag or some delicious Theo Chocolate.
Also be sure to check out:
- The UW Commuter Services booth with give-a-ways for first time UW bikers and team captains;
- Membership specials including a free pair of JL Velo socks or $5 off if you join Cascade;
- Free bike fits and SmartID tags from Real Rehab and R2 Bicycles;
- UW Police doing bike registrations;
- Student Health Advisory Quorum selling discounted safety gear;
- Performance Bicycle providing free bike checks and basic maintenance;
- Information about World Bicycle Relief and the Red-Bell 100 ride;
- Free samples from Honest Tea;
- And Cascade’s own dj Dyno GT will be spinning tunes.
The event will take place in the park just off of the Burke-Gilman Trail between University Way and Brooklyn Ave. We hope to see you there!
- Got a tip? Email: Tom@SeattleBikeBlog.com
From the Bike Events CalendarJul22Tue6:30 pm Queen Anne Greenways Monthly MeetingQueen Anne Greenways Monthly Mee…Jul 22 @ 6:30 pm – 7:45 pmThe Queen Anne Greenways meetings occur every 4th Tuesday at the Queen Anne Public library from 6:30-7:45, unless otherwise noted. Please join us! Additionally, if [...]7:00 pm Find It Fix It walk w Police Chief & City Council Harrell @ between Rainier Beach and Othello StationsFind It Fix It walk w Police Chi… @ between Rainier Beach and Othello StationsJul 22 @ 7:00 pm – 9:00 pmI’m forwarding information from Councilmember Bruce Harrell’s office about tonight’s ‘Find it, Fix it’ Community Walk. The walks provide a great “opportunity for community residents, [...]Jul23Wed10:00 am Regional Bike/Ped Advisory CommitteeRegional Bike/Ped Advisory Commi…Jul 23 @ 10:00 am – 12:00 pmRegional Bike/Ped Advisory Committee When Wed, June 25, 10am – 12pm Where PSRC Conference Room at 1011 Western Avenue, Suite 500 (map) Description: The PSRC [...]
Bike-Friendly Business Showcase
Subscribe to Seattle Bike Blog
Seattle Bike Blog subscribers receive endless love, some special emails and whatever else we can think up to show our appreciation.
We held a subscriber drive in summer of 2013 and reached our goal of 100 people in one month. Thanks everyone for the support! If you haven't signed up yet, it's not too late:
To sign up, 1) complete this form and 2) set up the payment below.
Seattle Bike Forum
- Vote Yes for the Parks District + other bike-partisan election guidance
- I-90 ‘carpocalypse’ largely avoided on first morning commute
- Fremont Bridge bike counts continue big year-over-year rise
- City working on northbound U Bridge bike lane late Friday
- More details on planned improvements at Rainier and Dearborn
Seattle by Bike Flickr Pool
Tagsballard beacon hill bicycle alliance of washington bike counter bike lanes bike news roundup bike thefts bike works burke-gilman burke-gilman trail capitol hill capitol hill seattle cascade bicycle club central district city council columbia city construction crime cycle tracks deaths dexter downtown ed murray events fremont injuries king county parks kirkland mike mcginn missing link neighborhood greenways puget sound bike share road diets sdot seattle times sound transit spd uw video wallingford weekend guide westlake west seattle wrecks wsdot