Pedal over to the U-District on Thursday, May 23, for the annual UW Trail Party. Join UW Transportation Services and the Cascade Bicycle Club from 4-7 p.m. for music, free bike fits, basic tune ups, and lots of giveaways along the Burke-Gilman Trail.
We’ll have free drawing at 4:30, 5:30, and 6:30 p.m. where anyone present will have the chance to win great prizes like a Bern Helmet, a MAXXON wireless brake light, a Chipotle burrito party for ten, a Racktime Bag or some delicious Theo Chocolate.
Also be sure to check out:
– The UW Commuter Services booth with give-a-ways for first time UW bikers and team captains;
– Membership specials including a free pair of JL Velo socks or $5 off if you join Cascade;
– Free bike fits and SmartID tags from Real Rehab and R2 Bicycles;
– UW Police doing bike registrations;
– Student Health Advisory Quorum selling discounted safety gear;
– Performance Bicycle providing free bike checks and basic maintenance;
– Information about World Bicycle Relief and the Red-Bell 100 ride;
– Free samples from Honest Tea;
– And Cascade’s own dj Dyno GT will be spinning tunes.
The event will take place in the park just off of the Burke-Gilman Trail between University Way and Brooklyn Ave. We hope to see you there!
- Got a tip? Email: Tom@SeattleBikeBlog.com
From our Bike Events CalendarMay31Tue7:30 pm Farewell and Blog Launch Party –... @ Montlake Bike ShopFarewell and Blog Launch Party –... @ Montlake Bike ShopMay 31 @ 7:30 pmMontlakebike.com is hosting the blog of touring cyclist Bob Kingsley as he navigates this great country. Meet the author and learn more about the custom ride he’s put together with the help of Montlake Bike shop. Help us send him … Continue reading →Jun1Wed11:00 am Center City Connector EIS SDOT O...Center City Connector EIS SDOT O...Jun 1 @ 11:00 am – 2:00 pmThe Seattle Center City Connector Environmental Assessment (EA) is available for public review and comment for a 30-day period, beginning May 9, 2016. You can read the EA and legal notices online at: Seattle Center City Connector Environmental Assessment. You … Continue reading →Jun2Thu6:30 pm Bike Works Volunteer Repair Party @ Bike Works ClassroomsBike Works Volunteer Repair Party @ Bike Works ClassroomsJun 2 @ 6:30 pm – 9:30 pmDetails: Are you a new volunteer? Do you have worktrade debt from a Bike Works class? Are you a volunteer from Bike Works past and want to re-engage? Are you interested in learning more about bikes while participating in some … Continue reading →Jun3Friall-day POC meets bike advocacy, aka Ova... @ Ark Lodge CinemaPOC meets bike advocacy, aka Ova... @ Ark Lodge CinemaJun 3 – Jun 4 all-dayEastside Los Angeles seems to buzz with energy as a group of women (and woman-identified) cyclists take over the streets. Ovarian Psycos is a consciously non-intrusive documentary that focuses on the Ovas’ inspirational evolution, and also showcases the unique complexities and … Continue reading →4:00 pm End of Bike Month Party @ Peddle...End of Bike Month Party @ Peddle...Jun 3 @ 4:00 pm – Jun 3 @ 8:00 pmBallard Greenways has had a presence at the last few Bike to Work Month after-parties. Celebrate the new 17th Ave NW Greenway and drum up support for improvements on 6th Ave NW.FacebookTwitterGoogleRedditPinterestPocketEmail
Bike-Friendly Business Showcase
Be a Seattle Bike Blog Supporter!
Seattle Bike Blog Supporters receive endless love, some special emails and whatever else we can think up to show our appreciation. We are totally independent, so your support directly powers all this pedal-powered news.
To sign up, just choose a monthly amount that fits your budget and set up auto-payments here:
- Bicycle Sunday is this weekend, 2016 gets two extra car-free days on Lake Washington Blvd
- Carlson: Biking Seattle with Summer by Rail’s Elena Studier
- Woman who crashed along First Hill Streetcar route passes away
- Times: Stop building places for people until we can fit more cars
- Want to host your own July FREE BIKE ride, but don’t know how? Join us Thursday!
Seattle by Bike Flickr Pool
Tagsballard beacon hill bicycle alliance of washington bike counter bike lanes bike news roundup bike thefts bike works burke-gilman burke-gilman trail capitol hill capitol hill seattle cascade bicycle club central district city council construction crime cycle tracks deaths dexter downtown ed murray events fremont injuries king county parks mike mcginn missing link neighborhood greenways pronto emerald city cycle share protected bike lanes puget sound bike share rainier valley road diets sdot seattle neighborhood greenways seattle times sound transit spd uw wallingford washington bikes westlake west seattle wsdot