Pedal over to the U-District on Thursday, May 23, for the annual UW Trail Party. Join UW Transportation Services and the Cascade Bicycle Club from 4-7 p.m. for music, free bike fits, basic tune ups, and lots of giveaways along the Burke-Gilman Trail.
We’ll have free drawing at 4:30, 5:30, and 6:30 p.m. where anyone present will have the chance to win great prizes like a Bern Helmet, a MAXXON wireless brake light, a Chipotle burrito party for ten, a Racktime Bag or some delicious Theo Chocolate.
Also be sure to check out:
– The UW Commuter Services booth with give-a-ways for first time UW bikers and team captains;
– Membership specials including a free pair of JL Velo socks or $5 off if you join Cascade;
– Free bike fits and SmartID tags from Real Rehab and R2 Bicycles;
– UW Police doing bike registrations;
– Student Health Advisory Quorum selling discounted safety gear;
– Performance Bicycle providing free bike checks and basic maintenance;
– Information about World Bicycle Relief and the Red-Bell 100 ride;
– Free samples from Honest Tea;
– And Cascade’s own dj Dyno GT will be spinning tunes.
The event will take place in the park just off of the Burke-Gilman Trail between University Way and Brooklyn Ave. We hope to see you there!
- Got a tip? Email: Tom@SeattleBikeBlog.com
From the Bike Events CalendarMay24Sunall-day Shop by Bike WeekShop by Bike WeekMay 24 – May 31 all-dayBiking and shopping locally go hand in hand. Support your local economy by biking to your nearby grocery store or other shops. Show your Bicycle Benefits sticker (http://www.seattlebikeblog.com/bicycle-benefits/) and enjoy discounts at dozens of area businesses. Don’t have a Bike … Continue reading →May26Tue10:00 am Free group ride: TREATS: Woodinv...Free group ride: TREATS: Woodinv...May 26 @ 10:00 am – 11:00 amJoin us for a free group ride! Details at: www.cascade.org/node/21496 Date and Time: Tuesday, May 26, 2015 – 10:00am Start Location: Wilmot Gateway Park, Woodinville 17301 131st St Woodinville, WA 98072 Contact Information: Clarice Sackett email@example.com 425-478-8306 Distance: 43.00 miles … Continue reading →6:30 pm Queen Anne Greenways Monthly Mee...Queen Anne Greenways Monthly Mee...May 26 @ 6:30 pm – 7:45 pmThe Queen Anne Greenways meetings occur every 4th Tuesday at the Queen Anne Public library from 6:30-7:45, unless otherwise noted. Please join us! Additionally, if you would like to learn more, you can visit our website at qagreenways.org. We also … Continue reading →May27Wed6:00 pm Draft Comp Plan EIS Open House &... @ Bertha Knight Landes Room at Seattle City HallDraft Comp Plan EIS Open House &... @ Bertha Knight Landes Room at Seattle City HallMay 27 @ 6:00 pm – 8:00 pmhttp://2035.seattle.gov/how-should-seattle-grow-you-tell-us/ Deadline for comments June 18 2015 Transportation: http://www.seattle.gov/dpd/cs/groups/pan/@pan/documents/web_informational/p2273584.pdf Transportation Appendix: http://www.seattle.gov/dpd/cs/groups/pan/@pan/documents/web_informational/p2273577.pdf Email: Send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org By mail: Send comments to the City of Seattle Department of Planning and Development, Attn: Gordon Clowers, 700 5th Avenue, Suite 2000, PO … Continue reading →
Bike-Friendly Business Showcase
Subscribe to Seattle Bike Blog
Seattle Bike Blog subscribers receive endless love, some special emails and whatever else we can think up to show our appreciation.
We held a subscriber drive in summer of 2013 and reached our goal of 100 people in one month. Thanks everyone for the support! If you haven't signed up yet, it's not too late:
To sign up, 1) complete this form and 2) set up the payment below.
- King County will clear overgrowth from Burke-Gilman/Sammamish River Trails, be prepared for delays
- Harrell at Rainier Ave safety protest: We’re gonna take our street back
- National Ride of Silence is today, Seattle’s ride starts at Gas Works Park
- Bellevue Police: It’s perfectly legal to crash a car into a home and crush a crib holding a sleeping baby
- Bike theft hero spots stranger’s ride, returns it during victim’s costumed birthday bike ride
Seattle by Bike Flickr Pool
Tagsballard beacon hill bicycle alliance of washington bike counter bike lanes bike news roundup bike thefts bike works burke-gilman burke-gilman trail capitol hill capitol hill seattle cascade bicycle club central district city council columbia city construction crime cycle tracks deaths dexter downtown ed murray events fremont injuries king county parks mike mcginn missing link neighborhood greenways protected bike lanes rainier valley road diets sdot seattle times sound transit spd uw video wallingford washington bikes westlake west seattle wrecks wsdot