Pedal over to the U-District on Thursday, May 23, for the annual UW Trail Party. Join UW Transportation Services and the Cascade Bicycle Club from 4-7 p.m. for music, free bike fits, basic tune ups, and lots of giveaways along the Burke-Gilman Trail.
We’ll have free drawing at 4:30, 5:30, and 6:30 p.m. where anyone present will have the chance to win great prizes like a Bern Helmet, a MAXXON wireless brake light, a Chipotle burrito party for ten, a Racktime Bag or some delicious Theo Chocolate.
Also be sure to check out:
– The UW Commuter Services booth with give-a-ways for first time UW bikers and team captains;
– Membership specials including a free pair of JL Velo socks or $5 off if you join Cascade;
– Free bike fits and SmartID tags from Real Rehab and R2 Bicycles;
– UW Police doing bike registrations;
– Student Health Advisory Quorum selling discounted safety gear;
– Performance Bicycle providing free bike checks and basic maintenance;
– Information about World Bicycle Relief and the Red-Bell 100 ride;
– Free samples from Honest Tea;
– And Cascade’s own dj Dyno GT will be spinning tunes.
The event will take place in the park just off of the Burke-Gilman Trail between University Way and Brooklyn Ave. We hope to see you there!
- Got a tip? Email: Tom@SeattleBikeBlog.com
From our Bike Events CalendarAug23TueAug24WedAug25Thu5:00 pm Move Seattle Levy Oversight Comm... @ Seattle Municipal Tower Room 4050Move Seattle Levy Oversight Comm... @ Seattle Municipal Tower Room 4050Aug 25 @ 5:00 pm – 6:30 pmThursday, July 28: 5 – 6:30 pm Thursday, August 25: 5 – 6:30 pm Thursday, September 22: 5 – 6:30 pm Thursday, October 20: 5 – 6:30 pm Thursday, November 17: 5 – 6:30 pm http://www.seattle.gov/transportation/ltms_oversight.htmFacebookTwitterGoogleRedditPinterestPocketEmail6:30 pm Bike Works Volunteer Repair Party @ Bike Works ClassroomsBike Works Volunteer Repair Party @ Bike Works ClassroomsAug 25 @ 6:30 pm – 9:30 pmDetails: Are you a new volunteer? Do you have worktrade debt from a Bike Works class? Are you a volunteer from Bike Works past and want to re-engage? Are you interested in learning more about bikes while participating in some … Continue reading →Aug26Fri1:00 pm Safe Routes to School (SRTS) Kic... @ Cedar Park (next to Olympic Hills Elementary) 3737 NE 135th StSafe Routes to School (SRTS) Kic... @ Cedar Park (next to Olympic Hills Elementary) 3737 NE 135th StAug 26 @ 1:00 pm – Aug 26 @ 5:00 pmSafe Routes to School (SRTS) Kickoff Event Friday, August 26 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm Cedar Park (next to Olympic Hills Elementary) 3737 NE 135th St Seattle, 98125 This is a public event. Join us for a free family friendly … Continue reading →
Bike-Friendly Business Showcase
Be a Seattle Bike Blog Supporter!
Seattle Bike Blog Supporters receive endless love, some special emails and whatever else we can think up to show our appreciation. We are totally independent, so your support directly powers all this pedal-powered news.
To sign up, just choose a monthly amount that fits your budget and set up auto-payments here:
- Gone Bikin’: Community-led Melrose Promenade project gets $3 million from Feds
- Bike News Roundup: Gone Bikin’ addition
- Gone Bikin’: A short tour of UW’s remade stretch of the Burke-Gilman Trail
- Fixing Seattle’s Most Dangerous Street
- Gone Bikin’: E Marginal Way truck backups make protected bike lanes even more urgent
Seattle by Bike Flickr Pool
Tagsballard beacon hill bicycle alliance of washington bike counter bike lanes bike news roundup bike thefts bike works burke-gilman burke-gilman trail capitol hill capitol hill seattle cascade bicycle club central district city council construction crime cycle tracks deaths dexter downtown ed murray events fremont injuries king county parks mike mcginn missing link neighborhood greenways pronto emerald city cycle share protected bike lanes puget sound bike share rainier valley road diets sdot seattle neighborhood greenways seattle times sound transit spd uw wallingford washington bikes westlake west seattle wsdot