Pedal over to the U-District on Thursday, May 23, for the annual UW Trail Party. Join UW Transportation Services and the Cascade Bicycle Club from 4-7 p.m. for music, free bike fits, basic tune ups, and lots of giveaways along the Burke-Gilman Trail.
We’ll have free drawing at 4:30, 5:30, and 6:30 p.m. where anyone present will have the chance to win great prizes like a Bern Helmet, a MAXXON wireless brake light, a Chipotle burrito party for ten, a Racktime Bag or some delicious Theo Chocolate.
Also be sure to check out:
– The UW Commuter Services booth with give-a-ways for first time UW bikers and team captains;
– Membership specials including a free pair of JL Velo socks or $5 off if you join Cascade;
– Free bike fits and SmartID tags from Real Rehab and R2 Bicycles;
– UW Police doing bike registrations;
– Student Health Advisory Quorum selling discounted safety gear;
– Performance Bicycle providing free bike checks and basic maintenance;
– Information about World Bicycle Relief and the Red-Bell 100 ride;
– Free samples from Honest Tea;
– And Cascade’s own dj Dyno GT will be spinning tunes.
The event will take place in the park just off of the Burke-Gilman Trail between University Way and Brooklyn Ave. We hope to see you there!
- Got a tip? Email: Tom@SeattleBikeBlog.com
From our Bike Events CalendarDec10Sat2:00 pm Holiday Bike Friendly Ride @ Metier Racing and CoffeeHoliday Bike Friendly Ride @ Metier Racing and CoffeeDec 10 @ 2:00 pm – 4:00 pmJoin the Seattle Bicycle Friendly Business Network on Saturday, December 10th from 2p.m. – 4p.m. for a FREE holiday themed group ride and make a donation to those in need. The ride will begin at Métier Racing and Coffee on … Continue reading →Dec11Sun10:00 am Bike Works Volunteer Repair Party @ Bike Works ClassroomsBike Works Volunteer Repair Party @ Bike Works ClassroomsDec 11 @ 10:00 am – 1:00 pmAre you a new volunteer? Do you have worktrade debt from a Bike Works class? Are you a volunteer from Bike Works past and want to re-engage? Are you interested in learning more about bikes while participating in some awesome … Continue reading →4:00 pm Critical Lass Rides to Candycane...Critical Lass Rides to Candycane...Dec 11 @ 4:00 pm – 7:00 pmhttps://seattlecriticallass.wordpress.com/2016/11/20/upcoming-critical-lass-and-friends-ride-to-candy-cane-lane-2016/ It’s that time of year! Bundle up and enjoy the festive lights of Candy Cane Lane. Meet at Fix Coffee (6900 East Greenlake Way N, Seattle WA)–outside if the weather is decent, inside the cafe if the weather is … Continue reading →Dec12Mon6:00 pm Central Seattle Greenways’ month...Central Seattle Greenways’ month...Dec 12 @ 6:00 pm – 8:00 pmFacebookTwitterRedditEmail
Bike-Friendly Business Showcase
Be a Seattle Bike Blog Supporter!
Seattle Bike Blog Supporters receive endless love, some special emails and whatever else we can think up to show our appreciation. We are totally independent, so your support directly powers all this pedal-powered news.
To sign up, just choose a monthly amount that fits your budget and set up auto-payments here:
- Family Ride: Hauling Christmas trees and cruising Candy Cane Lane by bike
- Check out Seattle Bike Blog’s new mobile site
- Ride your bike, support bike-friendly businesses & donate toys Saturday
- Seattle again falls short of ‘platinum’ bike-friendly status
- Bike News Roundup: Seattle’s multimodal neighbor
Seattle by Bike Flickr Pool
Tagsballard beacon hill bicycle alliance of washington bike counter bike lanes bike news roundup bike thefts bike works burke-gilman burke-gilman trail capitol hill capitol hill seattle cascade bicycle club central district city council construction crime cycle tracks deaths dexter downtown ed murray events fremont injuries king county parks mike mcginn missing link neighborhood greenways pronto emerald city cycle share protected bike lanes rainier valley road diets sally bagshaw sdot seattle neighborhood greenways seattle times sound transit spd uw wallingford washington bikes westlake west seattle wsdot