Pedal over to the U-District on Thursday, May 23, for the annual UW Trail Party. Join UW Transportation Services and the Cascade Bicycle Club from 4-7 p.m. for music, free bike fits, basic tune ups, and lots of giveaways along the Burke-Gilman Trail.
We’ll have free drawing at 4:30, 5:30, and 6:30 p.m. where anyone present will have the chance to win great prizes like a Bern Helmet, a MAXXON wireless brake light, a Chipotle burrito party for ten, a Racktime Bag or some delicious Theo Chocolate.
Also be sure to check out:
– The UW Commuter Services booth with give-a-ways for first time UW bikers and team captains;
– Membership specials including a free pair of JL Velo socks or $5 off if you join Cascade;
– Free bike fits and SmartID tags from Real Rehab and R2 Bicycles;
– UW Police doing bike registrations;
– Student Health Advisory Quorum selling discounted safety gear;
– Performance Bicycle providing free bike checks and basic maintenance;
– Information about World Bicycle Relief and the Red-Bell 100 ride;
– Free samples from Honest Tea;
– And Cascade’s own dj Dyno GT will be spinning tunes.
The event will take place in the park just off of the Burke-Gilman Trail between University Way and Brooklyn Ave. We hope to see you there!
- Got a tip? Email: Tom@SeattleBikeBlog.com
From our Bike Events CalendarJun28Tue4:30 pm From Big City to Bike City: Inno...From Big City to Bike City: Inno...Jun 28 @ 4:30 pm – Jun 28 @ 6:00 pmWhen: Tuesday, June 28 at 4:30 pm to 6:00 pm Where: Bertha Knight Landes Room, Seattle City Hall Speaker: Jon Orcutt, Director of Advocacy and Communications, TransitCenter Introduction and City Council Sponsor: Councilmember Rob Johnson Sponsor partners: Cascade Bicycle Club, … Continue reading →5:30 pm Friends of Burke/Ballard Annual ...Friends of Burke/Ballard Annual ...Jun 28 @ 5:30 pm – 7:30 pmBGT Draft EIS under reviewFacebookTwitterGoogleRedditPinterestPocketEmail6:30 pm Queen Anne Greenways monthly mee...7:00 pm Queen Anne Greenways monthly mee...Queen Anne Greenways monthly mee...Jun 28 @ 7:00 pm – 8:30 pmBayview Retirement Community’s Kinnear Room. The room is located at the far west corner of the building. Enter under the porte cochère, head south, turn west down the first hall until you hit the room. The porte cochère is approached … Continue reading →Jun30Thu6:30 pm Bike Works Volunteer Repair Party @ Bike Works ClassroomsBike Works Volunteer Repair Party @ Bike Works ClassroomsJun 30 @ 6:30 pm – 9:30 pmDetails: Are you a new volunteer? Do you have worktrade debt from a Bike Works class? Are you a volunteer from Bike Works past and want to re-engage? Are you interested in learning more about bikes while participating in some … Continue reading →
Bike-Friendly Business Showcase
Be a Seattle Bike Blog Supporter!
Seattle Bike Blog Supporters receive endless love, some special emails and whatever else we can think up to show our appreciation. We are totally independent, so your support directly powers all this pedal-powered news.
To sign up, just choose a monthly amount that fits your budget and set up auto-payments here:
- Volunteer for the FREE BIKE Party! + Still time to host a ride
- Downtown streetcar plans would make 1st Ave, Stewart more dangerous for biking
- Missing Link megastudy confirms: Build the trail already!
- Memorial walk for Desiree McCloud highlights her life, puts streetcar lines under scrutiny
- Memorial walk for Desiree McCloud tonight on Yesler Way
Seattle by Bike Flickr Pool
Tagsballard beacon hill bicycle alliance of washington bike counter bike lanes bike news roundup bike thefts bike works burke-gilman burke-gilman trail capitol hill capitol hill seattle cascade bicycle club central district city council construction crime cycle tracks deaths dexter downtown ed murray events fremont injuries king county parks mike mcginn missing link neighborhood greenways pronto emerald city cycle share protected bike lanes puget sound bike share rainier valley road diets sdot seattle neighborhood greenways seattle times sound transit spd uw wallingford washington bikes westlake west seattle wsdot