It’s the Bike News Roundup! I may starting posting these more often so they don’t get so ridiculously long. The comments below are open to whatever at-least-somewhat-relevant topics you want to discuss.
First up, move over self-driving cars. The true future of transportation has arrived in Sweden. Luckily, we got a sneak peek at this fascinating technology:
Pacific Northwest News
- Kitsap elementary school teacher killed while out running | KIRO-TV
- Activistas luchan contra resistencia para implementar el uso de la bicicleta – Grupo Milenio – Yours truly speaking to Mexico City-based Milenio TV about bike politics in Seattle.
- SAFETY ALERT: West Seattle commuter cyclist escapes attacker on path | West Seattle Blog…
- State of Washington Job Opportunities | Work that Matters – Cool be a cool gig for a local traffic engineer.
- CHS Pics | Rapha Seattle debuts with grueling E Pine hill stage | CHS Capitol Hill Seattle
- Is It Time To Put Lander Street Back On Hold? » The Urbanist
- Out late or up early? Metro adding buses in the wee hours | The Seattle Times
- A Pronto! Bike Share Success Story · Jason Weill
- 2016: Did Growth Outpace our Willingness to Build Homes? | Seattle Transit Blog
- Seattle Now & Then: East Olive Way, Sept. 21, 1938 | DorpatSherrardLomont
Halftime show! A primer on Vision Zero out of the Netherlands:
National & Global News
- Body of woman killed in St. Louis highway crash went unnoticed for two days, police say | Law and order | stltoday.com – Our freeway transportation system is inhuman.
- Uber for bikes: how ‘dockless’ cycles flooded China – and are heading overseas | Cities | The Guardian
- Audio: Ron Sims Calls on Civil Engineers to Lead Sustainability Charge | ASCE News
- Why do girls’ attitudes about bicycling decline as they get older? – Jennifer Dill, Ph.D.
- Providence Is Using Bikes to Build a Future on a Freeway’s Footprint – Streetsblog USA
- Cargo Bike Deliveries Spark a Road Debate in Amsterdam – CityLab
This is an open thread.