It’s the Tuesday Bike News Roundup! As always, this is an open thread. Feel free to discuss anything bikes in the comments.
First up, this top secret look behind the scenes reveals some Cervélo 2013 line trade secrets…
Pacific Northwest News:
- BikePortland.org » Over 28,000 turn out for first Sunday Parkways of the year – Wow.
- Seattle Subway: “We want it all, and we want it now” | The SunBreak – Let’s do it!
- BikePortland.org » Reader Story: Portland Bike Polo, ten years in the making
- Internship: Sightline Seeking “Traffic Data Geek” – Seattle Transit Blog
- 26 Ways to Store Your Bike | Sightline Daily – Featuring Seattle Bike Blog’s former HQ
- Motorcyclist hit by Ride-the-Ducks vehicle files lawsuit | The Seattle Times
- @cascadebicycle posts a photo of a smoothly paved Ravenna Blvd. It should be completed in early fall.
- Vancouver, B.C., has idyllic and easy urban biking for all ages | The Seattle Times – Travel writer loves Vancouver’s low-stress bike facilities. We can do that, too!
- Northern Tier Bicycle Route highway opens in Washington » Biking Bis
- Most pedestrian-involved crashes caused by turning vehicles: Vancouver study
- School Shout Out Series! Pt 3: Baby Steps « Cascade Bicycle Club Blog
- “Bike to School Day is our favorite holiday.” « Cascade Bicycle Club Blog – Great profile of the Loper family, a big Bike to School force in NE Seattle.
- Nobody ever played towards a goal « A Rebalanced Life – A recap of Grant Petersen’s Seattle visit.
- Kent’s Bike Blog: Lots of nice bikes came to see Grant Petersen in Seattle – A recap of the bikes outside Grant Petersen’s Seattle visit.
- BREAKING: 4.2 Miles of Copper Wire Stolen from LINK – Seattle Transit Blog
- Choose Your Way Bellevue :: Tuesday May 22 :: Bicycle Maintenance Workshop – One day left to register
- The Riding Reporter: Dozens come out for the first Seattle Critical Lass/CycloFemme ride SLIDESHOW | Ballard News-Tribune
- Menstrual Monday · Girls of Summer Alleycat 2012
- Should Montlake Kids Ride the “Hazard” Bus to Montlake School? | montlaker
Halftime show! Did you know some crazy people are digging tunnels under Capitol Hill right now? (pretty awesome video)
National and Global News:
- Ask Transportation Bill Conferees to Save Sidewalks and Bikeways – America Bikes
- Why There’s No War Between Drivers and Cyclists in the Netherlands – Commute – The Atlantic Cities
- The Bike Effect: How ‘Copenhagenization’ Saves Time, Money, and Lives – The Atlantic
- Kids Who Get Driven Everywhere Don’t Know Where They’re Going – Commute – The Atlantic Cities
- House Votes To Cut Census Survey Done Since Thomas Jefferson – The House sucks.
- Which commute is the healthiest? | Fox News – Even Fox News says: “Of course, the best way to get to work is to walk or ride a bike”
- Training wheels don’t work: Balance bikes teach children how to ride. – Slate Magazine
- Chalktrail miles of creative colorful fun! – I want one.
- When Flash Mobs Go Right: A Symphony Surprises Copenhagen Subway Riders | Co.Create: Creativity \ Culture \ Commerce – Awesome.
- Are more cyclists getting hit from behind than ever before? | Bike Delaware
- Here’s an excellent infograghic from America Bikes about why walking and biking investment is both popular and smart: