It’s time for the weekly Bike News Roundup. As always, this is an open thread.
First up, a bike trip around Seattle in two minutes (uploaded to YouTube by pnyboy27):
Pacific Northwest News:
- BikePortland.org » ‘BoltBus’ will take you and your bike from Portland to Seattle for a few bucks
- GiveBIG on May 2nd to Bike Works!
- Meet Priscilla « Cascade Bicycle Club Blog
- Are bike path bollards an unnecessary hazard? » Biking Bis
- In wake of Vancouver, WA boy’s tragic death, a Bike Portland contributor looks at the danger of left-turning buses
- Mayor McGinn » Transit Master Plan: momentum continues to build for rail transit
New bike rack (I think) on 45th btw Interlake & Stone instagr.am/p/J2zLIZKmo9/
— familyride (@familyride) April 25, 2012
- Eastlake Ave. | Community | New Park and Pedestrian Walkway in Eastlake needs your support – Interesting!
- For Cyclists, the Ramp-to-Nowhere Goes Somewhere | montlaker
- BikePortland.org » Look out Portland, here come ‘Dutchtubs’
Halftime show: StreetFilms looks at some of the great things San Francisco is doing to encourage more urban street life:
National & Global News:
- Wow, London. « Cascade Bicycle Club Blog – 10,000 show up to make a political statement about bike safety before elections
- Study: Used bike owners ride more, buy more – Interesting. This is very different from trends with cars, I would imagine.
- What’s cool about Cleveland’s pop up complete and green street | GreenCityBlueLake
- Study: Low-Income Neighborhoods Much More Likely to Have Dangerous Roads | Streetsblog Capitol Hill
- Photo contest: Bad streets for bicycling | Taking the Lane – Submit some from Seattle! Or better yet, Bellevue…
- The Invention of Jaywalking – Commute – The Atlantic Cities – Must read.
- BikePortland.org » 20 years later, John Forester’s ‘Effective Cycling’ to be re-published
- Bicycle-Safety Tips | The Onion – America’s Finest News Source
- Cyclelicious » Bicycle postage stamps
- Accell buys Raleigh – Big news in the bike industry
- The transport bill: Just the ten extensions | The Economist
- Police arrest man in connection with Berkeley hit-and-run crash | www.ktvu.com – Was captured on a helmet cam
- A $700 new longtail cargo bike?
- On tour: Is Houston the next bicycle capitol of the US? | Taking the Lane