Sorry for the late post today. I am sick as a dog. So just like when your 5th grade teacher was sick, I am going to play a video and you can all sit there at your desks and daydream about riding your bikes…
From King 5 (sorry about the commercial):
- “Airfares have been hijacked by the events in Libya.” Really? Hijacked? Wow.
- Sticker shock? This just in: Gas is expensive. Every once in a while, it gets stupidly expensive. You should probably try to not depend on it so much.
- “I don’t feel like I have any power to change it to be honest,” one man told us while filling up, “I don’t know what I would do.” – You HAVE THE POWER! Take it. It’s yours.
- Wait, are you telling me joining the Wall-Mart bulk-buying club isn’t going to solve our oil problems?
- There is not one mention in this story of transit, walking, biking of even carpooling. Not even a mention.
Look, King 5, this is unacceptable reporting in this day. 47 percent of Seattle residents have found alternatives to driving alone. Choosing one of the many ways to get around other than the single occupancy vehicle is no longer a fringe act. We have a bomb transit network, and with a rain jacket you can cycle year-round. For those who live in places so far out or underserved by transit that they “must” drive, you can carpool and immediately cut your gas costs at least in half.