Beacon Hill is throwing a huge bash to celebrate the 100th Anniversary of Jefferson Park Saturday. And you know what? The park just happens to be in the center of the planned neighborhood greenway, so of course there’s going to be a bunch of bike stuff!
There will be a group ride starting at
2:30 1:30 as well as bike polo and the family bike expo, where you have the chance to try out different styles of family bikes to see what fits your needs and style best.
Also, if you can bring a mobile bike stereo, email Ryan.
More details, from Beacon BIKES (UPDATED with fresher press release):
This Saturday the 14th of July
11am – 9pm
Jefferson Park Jubilee
on Beacon Hill
Jefferson Park has finally come to fruition out of a legacy of Olmsted design. Beacon Hill invites you to ride out to it’s premier park that’s 100 years in the making and help us celebrate!
Once there, be regaled with…..
- Bike Coral – Bike Works provided parking to securely store your bike.
- Bike Parade – Tour the park on its winding paths for 15 minutes of fun starting at 1:30pm. Decorations optional.
- Bike Polo – Seattle Bike Polo presents exhibition games and newbie invite. Equipment provided. Just bring your bike! Game on following the Parade at 1:00pm and continuing to 3:30 and beyond.
- Family Bike Expo – Try out serious family and cargo hauling machines on the park paths.
- Pedicab Tours – Take a free tour around the park compliments of Cascade Bicycle Club.
- Biking Billboards – See what’s coming up throughout the day with mobile, bike powered billboards.
- Peppered in with the above bike geek-out will be loads of musical entertainment, food truck grubbing, pro skate park demos, kite flying, Samoan Cricket tournament, park tours, Beacon Hill Food Forest tours, ultimate Frisbee, numerous park dedications and plenty of kids activities.
See you there,