The newly-formed Washington Women of Cyclocross (WAWCX) aims to promote the sport and get more women on cyclocross bikes.
In order to showcase the sport of cyclocross, WAWCX announced it will host a cyclocross festival and a first-ever Women Celebration Race on Sunday, August 11.
Held at Saint Edward Park in Kenmore, Wash., the WAWCX Cyclocross Festival is an invitation for all women to learn about, experience and participate in the sport of cyclocross.
“The goal of the WAWCX Festival is to provide a welcoming environment to inspire, educate, and connect women to the local cyclocross community, cycling community and active women community,” said Kari Studley, event promoter and current Master World and National Cyclocross Champion.
- Got a tip? Email: Tom@SeattleBikeBlog.com
From the Bike Events CalendarJun29Monall-day Cascade Bicycle Club Gearheads Camp @ Cascade Bicycling CenterCascade Bicycle Club Gearheads Camp @ Cascade Bicycling CenterJun 29 – Jul 3 all-dayWeek long day camp for 9-12 year olds. 9AM-3PM daily. Details here. FacebookTwitterGoogleStumbleUponRedditPinterestEmailJul1Wed4:30 pm Lake City Crosswalk Action @ LCW & 125thLake City Crosswalk Action @ LCW & 125thJul 1 @ 4:30 pm – Jul 1 @ 5:30 pmLake City Greenways and the Lake City Way Traffic Safety Corridor Project will be staging our monthly crosswalk action: Wednesday, July 1 from 4:30 to 5:30 p.m. at the intersection of LCW and NE 125th Street. As usual, we … Continue reading →Jul2Thu6:30 pm Bike Works Volunteer Repair Party @ Bike Works ClassroomsBike Works Volunteer Repair Party @ Bike Works ClassroomsJul 2 @ 6:30 pm – 9:30 pmDetails: Are you a new volunteer? Do you have worktrade debt from a Bike Works class? Are you a volunteer from Bike Works past and want to re-engage? Are you interested in learning more about bikes while participating in some … Continue reading →
Bike-Friendly Business Showcase
Be a Seattle Bike Blog Supporter!
Seattle Bike Blog Supporters receive endless love, some special emails and whatever else we can think up to show our appreciation. We are totally independent, so your support directly powers all this pedal-powered news.
To sign up, just choose a monthly amount that fits your budget and set up auto-payments here:
- WA transportation ‘compromise’ spends billions on highways, ransoms transit but keeps most bike/walk funding
- DUI suspect kills person biking in Ravenna – UPDATE: RIP Andres Hulslander
- Summer Parkways 2015 headed to the Central District and Ballard
- Council keeps full-strength Move Seattle levy, adds extra safety emphasis
- 20/20 Cycle owner plans Central District electric cargo bike shop: Electric Lady
Seattle by Bike Flickr Pool
- DUI suspect kills person biking in Ravenna - UPDATE: RIP Andres Hulslander
- Your guide to biking naked in the 2015 Fremont Solstice Parade
- The legendary Fremont Solstice naked/painted bike ride is Saturday
- WA transportation 'compromise' spends billions on highways, ransoms transit but keeps most bike/walk funding
- The 35th Annual Seattle to Portland bike ride leaves UW Saturday
Tagsballard beacon hill bicycle alliance of washington bike counter bike lanes bike news roundup bike thefts bike works burke-gilman burke-gilman trail capitol hill capitol hill seattle cascade bicycle club central district city council construction crime cycle tracks deaths dexter downtown ed murray events fremont injuries king county parks mike mcginn missing link neighborhood greenways pronto emerald city cycle share protected bike lanes rainier valley road diets sdot seattle times sound transit spd uw video wallingford washington bikes westlake west seattle wrecks wsdot