Tag: westlake park
Trail Updates: Frelard bollard removal + Help paint trees blue + Duwamish Trail work complete
The city is removing 14 metal bollards along the Burke-Gilman Trail Wednesday and Thursday this week. Expect delays or detours, especially during off-peak daytime hours (9 a.m. to 3 p.m.). These bollards are often used to keep motor vehicles out of car-free areas, but they can sometimes be hazardous to trail users and cause accessibility…
What would a modern Pike/Pine bike facility look like?
In a welcome addition to the often-maligned downhill bike lane on E Pine, SDOT has painted a green bike lane through the intersection at Bellevue Ave on Capitol Hill. From my post at CHS: The city only installed the green paint in the westbound (downhill) lane, and a new sign facing traffic facing southbound on…tagged: capitol hill, capitol hill seattle, downtown, pike, pike/pine, pine, westlake park
Kids at Bike Works learn bike polo from the best + Polo demo at Westlake Park
The bike polo programs at Bike Works was profiled by 321 Polo! last month. The site, which documents everything bike polo from around the world, was impressed by the opportunity kids in Seattle have to learn polo from some Seattle all-stars: They have lots of cool programs, but the coolest by far is the Earn-a-bike…
Arriving in August. Preorder now.
- Alert 6/5-9: Port is repairing Interbay Trail bumps + Planned detour has very tight squeezes – UPDATED
- Crosscut: Seattle Police are leaders in violent use of bikes during protests
- 32 Congressmembers including Rep. Jayapal urge adding walking and biking safety to vehicle safety ratings
- You should join the Bike Advisory Board (or any of these other boards)
- Thursday: Feit will release poetry collection ‘The Night of Electric Bikes’ at Good Weather
- Beacon Hill bike lane plan gets more detailed + City finds ways to add nearby parking
- Ballard HS Student: Missing bike racks limit biking to school in Seattle
- I love new Bike Lane Day
Got a tip? Email Tom.
Get posts via email
Join the Seattle Bike Blog Supporters
Supporters receive endless love in addition to the satisfaction of knowing you helped power independent bike news in the Seattle area. Please consider supporting the site financially if you are able, starting at $5 per month:
Bike Events Calendar
Latest on Mastodon