Some trails still slick a week after the snow stopped + Lessons for future freezes
Even though most streets in the region are clear following the massive snow fall last week, trails that are far from salt-treated roads can still be icy in spots. Much like the wonderful people who have volunteered their time in recent weeks to clear bus stops and curb ramps, folks like Robert here are biking…
Trail etiquette: What do you think of Cascade’s new anti-headphone signs?
Trail etiquette. Stay to the right, use voice or bell, slow down when passing, don’t use headphones, and on and on. There are certain guidelines that make shared use trails work better, and Cascade Bicycle Club is launching a campaign to highlight some of them. In a lot of ways, our shared use spaces (like…
Kirkland may purchase 5.75-mile rail corridor, build new trail
UPDATE: The Kirkland Council approved the deal, Biking Bis reports. Original story: The City of Kirkland will consider the purchase of 5.75 miles of a rail corridor through the city. One likely use for the corridor would be a new trail and perhaps even some transit. The discussion comes days after Bradley Nakatani was struck…tagged: kirkland, kirkland city council, trails
Seattle trails now on Google Street View
View Larger Map Upon hearing the news that Google Street View now features Seattle’s multi-use trails, I figured I’d pop by Google’s trail-side office in Fremont, and look who I found! Street View on bike trails is awesome. Not only is it useful for planning your route, but it’s fun to see all the people…tagged: fremont, google, I-90 trail, street view, trails
Arriving in August. Preorder now.
- Alert 6/5-9: Port is repairing Interbay Trail bumps + Planned detour has very tight squeezes – UPDATED
- Crosscut: Seattle Police are leaders in violent use of bikes during protests
- 32 Congressmembers including Rep. Jayapal urge adding walking and biking safety to vehicle safety ratings
- You should join the Bike Advisory Board (or any of these other boards)
- Thursday: Feit will release poetry collection ‘The Night of Electric Bikes’ at Good Weather
- Beacon Hill bike lane plan gets more detailed + City finds ways to add nearby parking
- Ballard HS Student: Missing bike racks limit biking to school in Seattle
- I love new Bike Lane Day
Got a tip? Email Tom.
Get posts via email
Join the Seattle Bike Blog Supporters
Supporters receive endless love in addition to the satisfaction of knowing you helped power independent bike news in the Seattle area. Please consider supporting the site financially if you are able, starting at $5 per month:
Bike Events Calendar
Latest on Mastodon