Weekend guide: Dead Baby Downhill + More naked biking
The fifteenth annual Dead Baby Downhill takes off from West Seattle Friday evening. The DBD is an annual bicycle bash hosted by the Dead Baby Bike Club. Tall bike jousting, freak bikes, pedal-powered mania from Cyclecide, music… basically a huge party. The race starts at Shipwreck Tavern at Admiral Way and California in West Seattle.…
After getting start in the Seattle area, Farrar wins Stage 3 of Tour de France
We here at Seattle Bike Blog don’t usually write much about bicycle racing — especially not big time professional racing. Nothing against the sport, but racing just isn’t what we’re into. However, this story makes a rare strike within the Seattle boundaries. (This story was also posted at Central District News) Tyler Farrar became the…tagged: madrona, races, seward park, tour de france 2011, tyler farrar
Menstrual Monday presents an all-girl alleycat June 11
The women behind Menstrual Monday, Seattle’s monthly all-girl casual bike ride, are stepping things up with an all-girl alleycat race. From Menstrual Monday: Menstrual Monday is proud to announce our first ALL-Girl Alley Cat, Girls of Summer.An adventurous romp through the seattle city streets celebrating the best thing ever, GIRLS ON BIKES. In addition to…tagged: alleycat races, events, girls of summer, menstrual monday, races
Cranksgiving in Seattle: Who wants to help make it happen?
After reading about other cities’ Cranksgiving races (like the one in my hometown of St. Louis, above) I went on a search for one in Seattle. So far, I haven’t found anyone organizing it (if someone is, let me know in the comments). That means it’s up to us to make this happen.tagged: charity, cranksgiving, Cranksgiving 2010, races
Arriving in August. Preorder now.
- Pedaling Relief Project nears milestone: Hauling 1 million pounds of local food bank donations by bike
- Oregon considers bill to make it easier to fund school bike buses
- Alert 6/5-9: Port is repairing Interbay Trail bumps + Planned detour has very tight squeezes – UPDATED
- Crosscut: Seattle Police are leaders in violent use of bikes during protests
- 32 Congressmembers including Rep. Jayapal urge adding walking and biking safety to vehicle safety ratings
- You should join the Bike Advisory Board (or any of these other boards)
- Thursday: Feit will release poetry collection ‘The Night of Electric Bikes’ at Good Weather
- Beacon Hill bike lane plan gets more detailed + City finds ways to add nearby parking
Got a tip? Email Tom.
Get posts via email
Join the Seattle Bike Blog Supporters
Supporters receive endless love in addition to the satisfaction of knowing you helped power independent bike news in the Seattle area. Please consider supporting the site financially if you are able, starting at $5 per month:
Bike Events Calendar
Latest on Mastodon