Tag: pike place market
Watch: We know this street design is deadly, so why do we keep building them this way?
Seattle’s recent Vision Zero review noted that 80% of people killed while walking on Seattle streets are killed on streets with multiple lanes in the same direction. So why are we on the verge of opening a brand new streets through Belltown near Pike Place Market with multiple lanes in the same direction? I ride…tagged: belltown, pike place market, sdot, videos, vision zero, waterfront, western ave, wsdot
No, the city is NOT cutting down cherry trees to build a bike project
Contrary to what you may have read on Twitter or saw written on yellow signs on trees on Pike Street near the market, Seattle’s decision to cut down cherry trees on the block between 1st and 2nd Avenues has nothing to do with bike improvements. In fact, the project removing the trees will also remove…
Looking for a way to dodge today’s shopping mayhem?
Get on your bike and head down to Pike Place Market for the Buy Nothing Day Pic-Nic Bike Ride! Ride leaves at 1, but people are meeting at noon: Fork the mall and shopping! It’s Buy Nothing Day! Come ride your bike! Let’s burn off some calories from the national Day of Feasting while avoiding the…tagged: bike rides, buy nothing day, cargo bikes, oxbow park, pike place market
Arriving in August. Preorder now.
- Alert 6/5-9: Port is repairing Interbay Trail bumps + Planned detour has very tight squeezes – UPDATED
- Crosscut: Seattle Police are leaders in violent use of bikes during protests
- 32 Congressmembers including Rep. Jayapal urge adding walking and biking safety to vehicle safety ratings
- You should join the Bike Advisory Board (or any of these other boards)
- Thursday: Feit will release poetry collection ‘The Night of Electric Bikes’ at Good Weather
- Beacon Hill bike lane plan gets more detailed + City finds ways to add nearby parking
- Ballard HS Student: Missing bike racks limit biking to school in Seattle
- I love new Bike Lane Day
Got a tip? Email Tom.
Get posts via email
Join the Seattle Bike Blog Supporters
Supporters receive endless love in addition to the satisfaction of knowing you helped power independent bike news in the Seattle area. Please consider supporting the site financially if you are able, starting at $5 per month:
Bike Events Calendar
Latest on Mastodon