Tag: mad fiber
Mad Fiber files for bankruptcy
Well, apparently being bought by an investment firm isn’t a great thing after all. Mad Fiber, which built unique high end carbon fiber racing wheels in Fremont, has filed for bankruptcy, Bicycle Retailer reports. The company shut down in the fall, and co-founder Ric Hjertberg left after noting in a blog post, “I must confess…tagged: divine cycling group, fremont, mad fiber
Fremont bike wheel maker Mad Fiber bought by investment firm
Mad Fiber, a high-end carbon fiber bike wheel company based in Fremont, has been purchased by an investment firm with its eyes on the global retail stage, Bicycle Retailer reports. Mad Fiber moved into the old Fremont Essential Baking factory space in 2010. Their carbon fiber wheels have a somewhat unconventional design that has earned…tagged: bicycle retailer, business, fremont, mad fiber
Notes from the 2012 Seattle Bike Expo
What can I say about the Bike Expo? Two huge convention floors full of bike stuff. As regular readers of this blog have probably picked up on, I’m not really into high performance bike stuff. I mean, I think it’s cool and an incredible feat of engineering and human capability, but it’s not really my…
Over the weekend: Changes to Roosevelt and Jackson
This weekend was amazing for bike riding. Sure, it was sweaty, but there were so many festivals and events going on all over town. And ALL of them had impossible parking and trafic due to road closures … unless you were on bike!
Arriving in August. Preorder now.
- Oregon considers bill to make it easier to fund school bike buses
- Alert 6/5-9: Port is repairing Interbay Trail bumps + Planned detour has very tight squeezes – UPDATED
- Crosscut: Seattle Police are leaders in violent use of bikes during protests
- 32 Congressmembers including Rep. Jayapal urge adding walking and biking safety to vehicle safety ratings
- You should join the Bike Advisory Board (or any of these other boards)
- Thursday: Feit will release poetry collection ‘The Night of Electric Bikes’ at Good Weather
- Beacon Hill bike lane plan gets more detailed + City finds ways to add nearby parking
- Ballard HS Student: Missing bike racks limit biking to school in Seattle
Got a tip? Email Tom.
Get posts via email
Join the Seattle Bike Blog Supporters
Supporters receive endless love in addition to the satisfaction of knowing you helped power independent bike news in the Seattle area. Please consider supporting the site financially if you are able, starting at $5 per month:
Bike Events Calendar
Latest on Mastodon