Tag: g&o family cyclerly
KUOW: Family bikes and better bike routes key to getting more Seattleites to bike
KUOW has a wonderful radio story asking a question at the core of the recently-approved Bike Master Plan: How can Seattle get more people biking? The first answer is pretty straightforward: More connected and complete bike routes that are comfortable for people of all ages and abilities. The more places people can get to without…tagged: g&o family cyclerly, kuow
Super Cool Job Alert: Recycling and Reuse Manager at Bike Works + Godspeed, Donald!
Donald Villarreal made his first appearance on Seattle Bike Blog in one of our first ever stories, which was about Bike Works’ volunteer repair parties. Also featured in that story: Davey Oil, who would later leave Bike Works to start G&O Family Cyclery in Greenwood. Donald ran Bike Works’ efforts to fix up donated bikes…tagged: bike works, davey oil, donald villarreal, g&o family cyclerly, jobs
AP: Cargo bikes are the new minivans, and Seattle is leading the way
Cargo bikes are the new minivans, and Seattle families are leading the shift. The Associated Press’ Phuong Le has a great story and video today featuring several people and families in Seattle using cargo bikes for all kinds of purposes. Need to haul freshly-caught fish to market or pick up some lumber at the hardware…
126 Cranksgiving riders haul 1,443 lbs of food to Rainier Valley Food Bank
2013 was the year that Cranksgiving broke. Seattle’s Fourth Cranksgiving exploded in size, with a stunning 126 people biking to grocery stores and food stands all across the city, buying food for Rainier Valley Food Bank. Folks at the food bank report that Cranksgiving riders biked them 1,443 pounds of food Saturday, dwarfing last year’s…
Arriving in August. Preorder now.
- Alert 6/5-9: Port is repairing Interbay Trail bumps + Planned detour has very tight squeezes – UPDATED
- Crosscut: Seattle Police are leaders in violent use of bikes during protests
- 32 Congressmembers including Rep. Jayapal urge adding walking and biking safety to vehicle safety ratings
- You should join the Bike Advisory Board (or any of these other boards)
- Thursday: Feit will release poetry collection ‘The Night of Electric Bikes’ at Good Weather
- Beacon Hill bike lane plan gets more detailed + City finds ways to add nearby parking
- Ballard HS Student: Missing bike racks limit biking to school in Seattle
- I love new Bike Lane Day
Got a tip? Email Tom.
Get posts via email
Join the Seattle Bike Blog Supporters
Supporters receive endless love in addition to the satisfaction of knowing you helped power independent bike news in the Seattle area. Please consider supporting the site financially if you are able, starting at $5 per month:
Bike Events Calendar
Latest on Mastodon