Playing at NW Film Forum: ‘Urbanized’ doc showcases 21st century city planning
One thing is certain: The world’s cities are going to keep growing. The question is: How do we ensure our cities grow in a positive way? That’s the 21st Century urban design challenge, and there are as many ideas as there are people our cities. “Urbanized,” playing at the Northwest Film Forum through January 19,…tagged: capitol hill, film, gary hustwit, nw film forum, urbanized
Beyond Naked explores the ‘creative courage’ needed to ride naked in the Solstice Parade
Are you going to bare it all with hundreds of other people and ride your bicycle naked in the legendary Fremont Solstice Parade this year? Among those hundreds will be many people who have never done anything quite like that before. Beyond Naked is a documentary about four of them. “Any act of creativity requires…tagged: beyond naked, dan mccomb, events, film, fremont, fremont solstice parade 2011, lisa cooper, nick licata, video
Showing Friday: Asiemut
Nothing will get you pumped for the start of winter like watching two people go on a bicycle journey on the other side of the world. Cascade is showing “Asiemut” at REI tomorrow, Nov 19, at 7 p.m.tagged: asiemut, cascade bicycle club, film
Bicycle Film Festival rolls into town next week
The 10th annual International Bicycle Film Festival is coming to Seattle October 7-10. Based out of New York, this is the second year the BFF is coming to Seattle. Ryan from Go Means Go!, one of the Seattle organizers, talked up the Seattle inclusions in the festival.
Arriving in August. Preorder now.
- 32 Congressmembers including Rep. Jayapal urge adding walking and biking safety to vehicle safety ratings
- You should join the Bike Advisory Board (or any of these other boards)
- Thursday: Feit will release poetry collection ‘The Night of Electric Bikes’ at Good Weather
- Beacon Hill bike lane plan gets more detailed + City finds ways to add nearby parking
- Ballard HS Student: Missing bike racks limit biking to school in Seattle
- I love new Bike Lane Day
- Port says it supports waterfront trail if it can be detoured during cruise loading
- Map of Friday’s Bike Everywhere Day Stations
Got a tip? Email Tom.
Get posts via email
Join the Seattle Bike Blog Supporters
Supporters receive endless love in addition to the satisfaction of knowing you helped power independent bike news in the Seattle area. Please consider supporting the site financially if you are able, starting at $5 per month:
Bike Events Calendar
Latest on Mastodon