Tag: bike touring
Study: Recreation cycling in Washington generates $3.1 billion for state’s economy
Biking is good for the state’s economy. It’s one of those ideas that seems fairly obvious, but we haven’t really had much solid data to know exactly how much cycling helps. Until now. It turns out, it helps maybe even more than many thought. According to a report commissioned by the Washington Recreation and Conservation Office,…
Middle Fork Road project could be boon to bike camping outside North Bend
Last summer, my partner Kelli and I loaded our bikes and camping stuff onto a bus to Fall City. Our goal was to have a nice 25-mile ride down the Snoqualmie Valley Trail through North Bend and up Middle Fork Road to the Middle Fork Campground. It was a mostly great ride, but it is…
In Seattle, you can now go to bike touring school. Really.
Have I ever told you all that I love Seattle? Because in Seattle, you can actually go to bike touring school. That’s a real thing here. How beautiful is that? Sarah Burch will be teaching the three-hour class in late January and early February as part of the Experimental College of the Associated Students of…
Swift Travels: Some bike camping destinations from your doorway
Editor’s Note: This is the first in a series of posts written by Martina Brimmer, a friend and owner of Ballard-based Swift Industries. Swift is a Seattle Bike Blog advertiser, but this post is not paid for. Martina has passion to bicycle travel that is reflected in both her business and her personal life. I…
Arriving in August. Preorder now.
- 32 Congressmembers including Rep. Jayapal urge adding walking and biking safety to vehicle safety ratings
- You should join the Bike Advisory Board (or any of these other boards)
- Thursday: Feit will release poetry collection ‘The Night of Electric Bikes’ at Good Weather
- Beacon Hill bike lane plan gets more detailed + City finds ways to add nearby parking
- Ballard HS Student: Missing bike racks limit biking to school in Seattle
- I love new Bike Lane Day
- Port says it supports waterfront trail if it can be detoured during cruise loading
- Map of Friday’s Bike Everywhere Day Stations
Got a tip? Email Tom.
Get posts via email
Join the Seattle Bike Blog Supporters
Supporters receive endless love in addition to the satisfaction of knowing you helped power independent bike news in the Seattle area. Please consider supporting the site financially if you are able, starting at $5 per month:
Bike Events Calendar
Latest on Mastodon