Tag: barack obama
US Senate confirms Mountains to Sound Greenway founder as new Interior Secretary
The US Senate has confirmed Seattle’s Sally Jewell as the new Interior Secretary, replacing Ken Salazar. Most news reports about Sally Jewell refer to her as the CEO of REI, but did you know she was also a founding board member and president of the Mountains to Sound Greenway Trust? From the MTS blog: “Sally…tagged: barack obama, interior secretary, rei, sally jewell
Obama walks down that center-lane cycle track that would be great on Westlake
You know how Westlake Ave in South Lake Union is still super dangerous for cycling due to the streetcar tracks in the curb lane? Well we have argued that the city should design protected bike lanes in the center lanes of the road, like on Pennsylvania Ave in DC. If you want a better look…tagged: barack obama, cycle tracks, washington dc, westlake
Election 2012: What might Inslee and Obama mean for transportation?
Democrat Jay Inslee is ahead in the state governor’s race, which is very likely a good thing for biking, walking and transit funds in Washington compared to his opponent Rob McKenna. Senate Transportation Committee Chair and constant roadblock to bike and transit bills Mary Margaret Haugen (a Democrat) appears to be losing her race against…tagged: barack obama, election 2012, jay inslee
Arriving in August. Preorder now.
- Alert 6/5-9: Port is repairing Interbay Trail bumps + Planned detour has very tight squeezes – UPDATED
- Crosscut: Seattle Police are leaders in violent use of bikes during protests
- 32 Congressmembers including Rep. Jayapal urge adding walking and biking safety to vehicle safety ratings
- You should join the Bike Advisory Board (or any of these other boards)
- Thursday: Feit will release poetry collection ‘The Night of Electric Bikes’ at Good Weather
- Beacon Hill bike lane plan gets more detailed + City finds ways to add nearby parking
- Ballard HS Student: Missing bike racks limit biking to school in Seattle
- I love new Bike Lane Day
Got a tip? Email Tom.
Get posts via email
Join the Seattle Bike Blog Supporters
Supporters receive endless love in addition to the satisfaction of knowing you helped power independent bike news in the Seattle area. Please consider supporting the site financially if you are able, starting at $5 per month:
Bike Events Calendar
Latest on Mastodon