THIS EVENT HAS BEEN CANCELLED.
Organizers say it will be moved to April 2. Stay tuned for details.
Come one, come all! Back Alley Bike Repair, Pronto! Cycle Share, Zipcar and WA Bikes present #BikeLove held in conjunction with Pioneer Square Seattle’s First Thursday Art Walk.
Join us in celebrating Seattle’s diverse bike culture during the third annual #BikeLove shindig. This year we’re all about recognizing different spokes for different folks and the many unique bike scenes that make up Seattle. Whether you’re a rubber-banded, right ankle business commuter; single speed, balance-guru polo player; 3% body fat Cyclocross athlete; cargo and kid carrying parent; or newly minted Pronto rider, this is the spot to be.
New this year, we’ll be having a social group ride around Pioneer Square to showcase all of our unique styles! See the details below:
- Arrive at Nord Alley by 6:00p (BYOB – Bring Your Own Bike!)
- Group will head to Occidental Park where Pronto! Cycle Share will be distributing FREE Day Passes to the first 15 riders! First come, first serve.
- Our group will ride around Pioneer Square and surrounding neighborhoods on a predetermined route for 20-30 minutes
- Return to Occidental Park and then head back to Nord Alley by 6:30pm
- This group ride is optional, so if you’d like to skip it just head straight to Nord Alley around 6:30p!
After the ride, mix and mingle with your fellow bike enthusiasts while you enjoy complimentary drinks provided by Hilliard’s Beer. Watch the sparks fly as local kinetic sculptor and metal worker Matthew Dockery creates a one-of-a-kind Frakenstein-esque “Bike Love” sculpture from recylcled bike frames and parts! Enjoy all this and more during Pioneer Square Seattle’s First Thursday Art Walk. Start off 2015 feeling the #BikeLove!