1618 E. Calhoun St., Seattle
Reminder – SR 520 open house in Seattle Tuesday, April 17
You are invited to join us for an open house to learn about design and construction plans for the upcoming Montlake Phase of State Route 520 reconstruction. Staff from the Washington State Department of Transportation and our partner agencies will be on hand to discuss what’s ahead and answer your questions.
Construction of the Montlake Phase is scheduled to begin in late 2018. The project will build:
- A new West Approach Bridge South to carry eastbound traffic from Montlake to the floating bridge
- A new Montlake lid and interchange
- New transit/HOV ramps to and from the Montlake lid
- A new pedestrian and bicycle land bridge over SR 520
We’ll also look ahead to future phases of the SR 520 Program in Seattle, including construction of a new Portage Bay Bridge, a Roanoke lid, I-5 connections, and a second bascule bridge over the Montlake Cut.
When: Tuesday, April 17, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.
Where: Montlake Community Center, 1618 E. Calhoun St., Seattle, WA 98112
Parking: Limited free parking is available at the community center
- Bus routes 43, 48, 255, 257, 311, and 545 serve the Montlake/SR 520 area.
- The U Link light rail station at Husky Stadium is about one mile from the community center.
We hope you can join us for this meeting! And we’ll continue sharing information with you as we build a new, safer and more reliable SR 520 corridor in Seattle.
Read our open house mailer (pdf 448 kb) for full meeting details.