Monthly agendas can be found at: http://www.seattle.gov/seattle-bicycle-advisory-board/meetings/meeting-agendas
The Seattle Bicycle Advisory Board (SBAB) advises the Mayor, City Council, and City Departments and Divisions on projects, policies, and programs that improve and/or affect bicycling conditions in Seattle.
SBAB’s responsibilities include:
Stewarding the Bicycle Master Plan
– Monitoring implementation activities by City Departments and Divisions
– Serving as a resource for City Council on Bicycle Master Plan activities
– Serving on transportation-related committees and planning groups
Making recommendations on City projects related to mobility, specifically bicycling
– Conducting annual reviews of SDOT onstreet bicycle facility plans
– Ad hoc reviews of bicycle projects, trail construction, and capital improvement projects
Publishing issue papers on bicycling-related topics
Conducting Site Tours
– Bikeablility Tours – periodically SBAB members conduct tours of new bikeways, inspect cycling conditions across critical corridors, and evaluate City of Seattle implementation activities.
– Facility Tours – SBAB members organize tours of facilities to examine best practices for bicycle commuting and parking in new and existing buildings
As one of several citizen-led boards in the city, SBAB relies on its membership’s diversity of experience, knowledge, and background to advise the City to make cycling safer and more accessible in Seattle.