The ride meets from 10 a.m. to noon at Café Soleil at 34th and Union in Madrona, where folks will work to get the mural panels ready. Shortly after noon, riders will head to a secret location to assemble the mural, then continue to Green Lake.
Elmer Dixon, Cofounder of the Seattle Chapter of the Black Panther Party, will speak at the end of the ride about “Reparations and The Need for Controlling the Institutions Within the Black Community.”
The Peace Peloton’s mission is to support Black-owned businesses and to promote economic reform for Black people.
Please join us for a rain or shine, casual, no drop, peaceful, and FUN 10 mile bike ride/demonstration . . . did I mention it’s fun?
- Bike stage: Café Soleil, 1400 34th Ave, Seattle, WA 98122
- Time: 10:00a – 12:00p
- Peace Peloton Mural Curation* (see below for details)
- Bike Ride Start: 12:15p (10 miles)
- Midway Ride: Peace Peloton Mural Assembly (confidential location)
- Ride End: Green Lake Park, 7201 E Green Lake Dr N, Seattle, WA 98115 (Food Trucks)
- Speaker: Elmer Dixon, Cofounder, Seattle Black Panther Chapter, Topic: “Reparations and The Need for Controlling the Institutions Within the Black Community.”
* Peace Peloton Mural
- Donate $25 to:
- PayPal – @peacepeloton (write PP Mural in the description)
- Venmo – @peacepeloton (write PP Mural in the description)
- Receive a blank canvas the morning of the event.
- Decorate your canvas with a message of peace, inspiration, or love to the world.
- We will stop midway along the route and artfully arrange your offering in 10ft intervals for as long as we have canvases.
To better accommodate our business partners and provide the safest and most enjoyable cycling experience for our participants please complete the R.S.V.P. and waiver.