Eat food, listen to music and support the work of Seattle Neighborhood Greenways Sunday, all in the middle of Beacon Hill’s Roberto Maestas Festival Street.
Feast in the Street is a fundraiser for SNG that also “lets us re-imagine our public spaces in a way that puts people first.” That’s pretty on-brand for the group, I’d say.
You can register online for a spot, and then you can even join one of five neighborhood rides to the feast (or you could just take light rail to Beacon Hill, since the party is right outside the station entrance).
Join us as we transform a city street into a lively gathering spot, filled with long tables of food, music in the air, and fun for all. We’ll add bike decorating, a short awards program, exhibit booths, a roving marching band and more!
Most importantly, we’ll celebrate the mission of Seattle Neighborhood Greenways that let’s us re-imagine our public spaces in a way that puts people first. And we’ll do a little fundraising to keep this critical work moving forward.
What to expect:
- Music by DJ Topspin and Casa Rio!
- Speakers & Awards program hosted by Sasha Summer Cousineau!
- Catered buffet by Manu’s Bodega.
- Beer & wine garden, courtesy of Google, featuring Georgetown Brewing Company, Eleven Winery, and non-alcoholic options!
Tickets: Order here! (These are nearly sold out — so don’t delay.)
Volunteer: This is a people-powered event – join the fun!
Facebook: Share the word with your friends!
Join one of these Group Rides to get to the Feast!
Ride to the Feast with a from Capitol Hill, University District, Fremont, Othello, or Renton!
- Capitol Hill Group Ride – Departing Cal Anderson Park at 4:00 pm; Departing 22nd and Union at 4:15 pm; Departing 25th and Yesler at 4:30 pm
- Kidical Mass Ride from UW Station – Gathering at the UW Link Light Rail Station at 3:00 pm, rolling at 3:30 pm
- Fremont Group Ride – Gathering at the SW corner of N 34th & Fremont Ave (in front of Key Bank) at 3:45 pm, rolling at 4:00 pm
- Othello Bike Train – Gathering at Cafe Red at 3:30 pm, rolling at 4:30 pm
- Renton Group Ride – 2:30 pm at the Renton Community Center
Thanks Tom, and thanks to everyone who made it a smashing success!