The City of Shoreline is set to make significant connections in its piecemeal bike network next year, and you can get a look at the changes and weigh in at an open house 5 p.m. Tuesday at Shoreline City Hall, Room 301.
Seattle’s northern neighbor has a lot of challenges for biking, many caused by an inconsistent street grid cut off by two major highways and some serious hills. But it also has some major assets, including the Interurban Trail that connects the south end to the north end of the city limits.
But too many homes and destinations remain disconnected from this major bike route and from each other. So it is great that the city is looking to make some significant changes in 2017. Let’s hope they keep this momentum going in coming years, as well.
More details from the open house flyer (PDF):
In 2008, the City of Shoreline completed the Interurban Trail that runs north and south through the City. While this provides a valuable connection for users traveling north/south through Shoreline, it is missing connections to local neighborhoods, parks, city amenities and schools. The Bike Plan Implementation project will complete the majority of the City of Shoreline’s adopted Bicycle System Plan and Wayfinding Program. The Bicycle Master Plan contained within the 2011 Shoreline Transportation Master Plan includes these routes. See map for route alignments.
The Bike Plan Implementation Project will include work in all regions of the City. This work includes:
Bike Lanes on:
- Dayton Ave N between Westminster Wy N and Carlyle Hal Rd N.
- 25th Ave NE between NE 150th Ave NE and NE 168th St.
- 1st Ave NE between 185th St and N 193rd St
- Fremont Ave N between Kings Garden Dr N and N 195th St
Sharrow Facilities on:
- NE 195th St between 8th Ave NW and Fremont Ave N
- 1st Ave NE between N 193rd St and N 195th St
- 25th Ave NE between NE 168th St and NE 171st St
Signed Routes on:
- N Innis Arden Wy, NW 167 St, Greenwood Ave N, Carlyle Hall Rd NW, NW 175th St, 14th Ave NW, Springdale Ct NW, NW 118th St, Ridgefield Rd NW NW, Innis Arden Dr NW, 15th Ave NW, N 193rd St, N 192nd St, N 149th St