Bike to McGraw Square tomorrow (Friday) morning between 7 and 9 a.m., and you’ll get free coffee, a bagel and probably some swag.
Commute Seattle hosts the event every year, though I feel like we got fried chicken one year (or was that a dream?).
Anyway, here are more details from Commute Seattle:
In celebration of National Bike Everywhere Month, Commute Seattle is hosting its 6th annual Bikes & Bagels event from 7-9 a.m. on Friday, May 13 in McGraw Square (Fifth Avenue and Stewart St in Downtown Seattle). Bike commuters are encouraged to stop by for free Caffe Vita coffee, wood-fired bagels from Eltana, free bike tune-ups and raffle prizes. We will be joined by our partners at Seattle Department of Transportation, Pronto Bikeshare, Velo Bike Shop, Zipcar Seattle, and volunteers from Cascade Bicycle Club.
Commute Seattle has partnered with Seattle Met to offer attendees the opportunity to pose with their friends and colleagues in our onsite photo booth. Photos will be featured in The Met Pages July Issue and online.
“Bike month is going great so far. The weather is nice and the Alaskan Way Viaduct closure helped to encouraged more riders to join in,” said Commute Seattle Executive Director Jessica Szelag. “Bikes & Bagels is a great way to thank people for choosing an active and carbon free way to get to work each day.”
Tour de Pints 2016 is Saturday
It’s free to join, but bring cash for along the way.
Some general info and reminders:
– There are no tickets; this event is free to join
– Bring your helmet and ID. Find an organizer at Stop #1 or #2 (red scarves), sign a waiver, get your map card. Easy.
– Bring cash; pay with partners & groups! This really helps move lines along.
– A bike tool, pump, tube, patch kit can come in handy for yourself or others. Consider bringing along.
– Raffles at every stop. Must have a map card to be eligible.
– We ride rain or shine.
– We watch out for each other; we take it easy; we help if others need it along the route.
– We have FUN
– Your super awesome attire and attitudes are always appreciated!
– Enjoy the after-party at Stop #6
May 14th, 2016. Doors at 11am; we ride at 12pm.
Seapine Brewing –> Queen Anne Beerhall –> Rooftop Brewing –> MiiR Flagship –> Ravenna Brewing –> Flying Bike Cooperative Brewery
Updates during the ride will be posted here on facebook, as well as @tourdepints on twitter.
Bike Everywhere Day 2016 is May 20
Bike Everywhere Day 2016 (formerly “Bike-to-Work Day”) is May 20 this year.
Bellevue Policy Ride May 25
When: Wed. May 25, 2016 12:00 to 1:30 p.m.
Ride starts at Bellevue City Hall at noon.
Join Cascade and fellow Bellevue riders for a 5-mile lunchtime ride through downtown Bellevue to explore potential new bike routes that are part of the Pedestrian and Bicycle Implementation Initiative. Bring your bike, helmet, and enthusiasm for future bike lanes in Bellevue and meet us at the front of Bellevue City Hall to start the ride.
End of Bike Month Party June 3
my birthday the end of Bike Month with a party at Peddler Brewing June 3. Details from Cascade:
May is Bike Everywhere Month and you did it! You rode you bike more than you ever thought possible – to work, to school, for fun – and now, let’s drink to that! Join us at Peddler Brewing Company in their fantastic outdoor Beer Garden and celebrate the best way to get around – by bike!
Event: End of Bike Month Party
Date: Friday, June 3, 2016
Location: Peddler Brewing Company, 1514 NW Leary Way, Seattle, WA 98107
Who: Everyone’s welcome, Peddler is all ages!
- Local food truck Cycle Dogs will be selling their signature latke creations from 5:30-8 p.m.
- Local bike-related vendors will be onsite selling their wares and celebrating Bike Month including: Ballard Bike Co, Timbuk2, Nikwax, Nuun, Telaio, Detours, Electric & Folding Bikes NW, Familybike Seattle and the community group Ballard Greenways.
- Attendees will get 1 raffle ticket per pint purchased. Prize drawing at 7:30pm, must be present to win!
- Stick around after the party for live music from 7:30-10:00pm.