For nearly ten years, the Bikery has gathered bike-fixing tools and community knowledge in Central Seattle, serving as a safe space where anyone can fix their rides.
Now located in the ArtSpace Hiawatha building where the Central District, the International District and north Rainier Ave come together, there’s a renewed push to invest in the non-profit (read more about them in this great Grist story).
You can support the Bikery by contributing online to their crowdfunding campaign (there are some pretty sweet rewards), or you can go party with them 7 – 10 p.m. Saturday at the Bikery Bash.
If they meet their campaign goals, the Bikery hopes to make these improvements:
- Redesign our shop, create new workstations and a more well-organized environment
- Buy a broader set of tools, including an air compressor and additional workstands
- Pay our rent and other operational expenses. (we’d like soap in our bathroom)
- Invest in technology that will bring modern wonders like instructional videos, point-of-sale software, and electronic communication into our shopThese upgrades will allow us to do the following:
- Serve more people, more effectively in our shop.
- Engage with additional volunteers, providing valuable work experience and skills.
- Keep more bikes rolling smoothly
- Keep more smiles out there in the world
More details on Saturday’s Bikery Bash:
As part of our fall fundraising drive, the Bikery is throwing a party, and you’re invited!
$5 at the door, all ages!
Interested in donating a raffle prize or getting involved? Contact [email protected]