There are some pretty cool bike jobs out there at the moment. We already told you about the Recycling and Reuse Manager at Bike Works. But both Pronto Cycle Share and Cascade Bicycle Club are also hiring for interesting positions at the moment.
Pronto is looking to hire ambassadors who want to go out and spread the word about Seattle’s upcoming bike share system. The job is part time and temporary, but sounds fun. Here are some of the responsibilities:
- Perform community outreach to help businesses, private property owners, and potential members understand the benefits of bike share.
- Staff special events (corporate membership sign-ups, festivals, street fairs, etc.).
- Help facilitate the sale of memberships.
- Help facilitate purchases of casual passes at Pronto Cycle Share stations and educate casual pass users about the system.
- Demonstrate bike features, removal and return procedures for bikes, kiosk signup and pricing.
Pronto Business Development Manager
For those with development experience, Pronto is also searching for a Business Development Manager to expand partnerships and sponsorships for the system. You’ll need some previous development experience for this one, but you’ll do important stuff like:
- Assist the Executive Director in leading the organization’s efforts to implement its mission, vision and goals
- Business development functions including locating, developing, defining, negotiating, and closing sponsorship and partnership relationships.
- Develop and negotiate contracts; integrating contract requirements with business operations.
- Create sponsorship proposals in line with Pronto guidelines/policies and sponsor objectives.
Recreational Rides Director
That’s right, this job exists in Seattle. And it could be yours.
Staff shakeups at Cascade continue, leaving this fairly high-level position open. Details from Cascade:
The Cascade Bicycle Club is hiring a Recreational Riding Director to lead a department of six people that produces the largest cycling events in the Pacific Northwest, offers more than 2,000 free group rides annually, and oversees the tours program at the Cascade Bicycle Club.
Qualifications and experience required in the job include:
- Experience setting, managing and maximizing budgets.
- Management background in a high stress/deadline environment.
- Ability to work effectively with a broad range of volunteers, staff and partners.
- Experience strategically evaluating and growing programs.
- Creativity in planning, design and execution.
- Background of empowering, supporting and working with highly functioning team.
- Other duties as assigned
This position would be best filled by an experienced recreational cyclist who understands the Cascade Bicycle Club. The person will be flexible and willing to step in with all roles as needed, and will understand the business side of non-profits and events. Honesty and integrity are required.
Office Manager at Cascade Bicycle Club
Cascade needs a new Office Manager, and one of this person’s first responsibilities will be to help manage the club’s move into newly renovated offices in a different part of Magnuson Park. Details from Cascade:
The Office Manager is an integral part of the four person Finance and Operations Team. The Office Manager is the glue that keeps Cascade together in any and all ways that it may be necessary. Key responsibilities of this position are:
- manage the move into Cascade’s new office
- support Executive Director
- manage human resources needs and office staff by orienting and training new employees
- support operations by maintaining office systems and procedures
- design and implement office policies maintain office supply needs and office equipment
- administer the AmeriCorps Volunteers serving at Cascade
- lead the Social Committee