If you’re looking for some affordable wheels, better clear your Saturday schedule. You have three chances to bust down the doors and grab some bike deals.
In all cases, the best stuff will probably go fast. So get there early if you can.
Goodwill’s Fifth Annual Cyclist Sale
Goodwill is actually holding simultaneous bike sales at two locations Saturday from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. So swing by the Flagship and/or Ravenna stores to see if you can score a deal. From Goodwill:
WHAT: Goodwill’s fifth annual Cyclist Sale
WHERE: Two locations this year
1.) Goodwill’s flagship store in Seattle, located at 1400 S. Lane St.
2.) Ravenna store at 4637 Union Bay Place NE in Seattle
WHEN: 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. on Saturday, June 7
· The Cyclist Sale is a perfect place to get good quality bikes at affordable prices.
· This year’s sale will feature bikes for all ages.
· In addition to mountain, road and hybrid bikes for adults, the sale will include vintage bikes and cruisers.
· Brand-names include: Schwinn, DiamondBack, Specialized, Bianchi, Giant, Trek, Raleigh, Mongoose, Gary Fisher, Marin, Cannondale, Novara, GT, and Haro and more can all be found.
· It’s not just bikes, the sale will have everything to round out the biking experience, including: jerseys, shorts, hats, shoes, seats, helmets, pedals, rims, tires, racks, frames, fenders, handlebars, water bottles, lights, reflectors, training wheels, pumps and more.
· The net proceeds from shoppers’ purchases support Goodwill’s free job training and education programs that help people get jobs and become economically self-sufficient.
UW Police bike sale
The University of Washington Police Department will be holding an abandoned and seized bicycle sale at 1117 NE Boat Street on Saturday, June 7, 2014 from 9:00 am – 2:00 pm. The bikes will be sold “As Is.” 150+ bikes of all varieties: children’s bikes, BMX, hybrid, mountain and road bikes from most manufacturers. We will accept cash or credit/debit cards but no checks. All of the bikes will be priced before the sale and the prices will be non-negotiable. Limit two bikes per customer. They went fast last year!