The meeting is also the first to utilize the city’s newly-designed outreach model, which is designed to give neighbors more say in the early stages of planning. The city has identified a general area that could use a neighborhood greenway project (see the box to the right), and the first meeting will be to listen to neighbors’ concerns and ideas about safety in the area.
The city will then go design a project that meets these goals. They will bring a draft of the plans back to the community in January for final thoughts and changes.
SDOT will be holding two open houses for this project.
Open House One: At the first meeting, SDOT staff will provide an overview of neighborhood greenways, review existing traffic conditions, and hear from you. Join us to share your thoughts and experiences:
- How is the experience of walking and biking in North Delridge?
- What locations are the most challenging for people when they walk or bike?
- Where do people want to walk and bike?
- What should be the goals of a Delridge Neighborhood Greenway?
- November 14, 2012, 6:30pm-8:30pm, Youngstown Cultural Arts Center, 4408 Delridge Way SW. Presentation starts at 6:45 p.m.
Open House Two: At the second meeting, City staff will present recommendations on specific improvements and next steps, and invite comments.
January 15, 2013, 6:30pm-8:30pm, Youngstown Cultural Arts Center, 4408 Delridge Way SW. Presentation starts at 6:40 p.m.