Well, I’m headed to St. Louis for the next week for my sister’s wedding. So if you hear anything that should be on the blog this week, make sure you email me.
First up, this month is the 20th anniversary of Critical Mass in San Fransisco. So here’s a blast-from-the-past video of Seattle’s Critical Mass (h/t Davey Oil):
Pacific Northwest News:
- Cascade Bicycle Club has created a handy tool for contacting the City Council and supporting biking and walking investments in the 2013-14 budget.
- October 6 is Take a Kid Mountain Biking Day « Cascade Bicycle Club Blog
- Columbia River Crossing: Cutting Ped/Bike Projects | Sightline Daily – Because, you know, they gotta save money somehow. Might as well remove all walking and biking access.
- Meg Fisher: Montana’s Paralympic-winning, 6-time World Champion | The Bicycle Story – Must read.
- Road rager tears off car’s spoiler, smashes window – seattlepi.com – Road rage is scary. As much as I try, I still don’t understand how it happens. But it does. A lot.
Halftime show! Give up. Neither you nor your cat will ever be this cool:
National & Global News:
- Iris Stagner, Dedicated Bicycle Advocate – Very sad.
- Kristin Armstrong Gold TT Bike Reward Fund by Brandon Shuler – GoFundMe – Olympic bike stolen
- Specialized Bicycle Components Recalls Bicycles Due to Fall and Injury Hazards
- Streetfilms | Lexus ES: Is this the first U.S. car commercial filmed on a street with a protected bike lane? – They show cars driving in them, but you gotta start somewhere I guess.
- Why bike sharing will make cities friendlier – CSMonitor.com – I like reading this in the context of the Critical Mass video above. They’re different, but also not.
- Tech Feature: 2013 Honda Accord’s LaneWatch – MSN Autos – Could this camera help prevent right hooks?
- Bikeleague.org Blog » Beyond Platinum: Creating World-Class Biking Cities in the U.S. – Will Seattle be the first city to earn Diamond status? We better get serious about investing in cycling if we want it.
- Cyclists are annoying: Why you think they’re a menace on two wheels. – Slate Magazine – A better read than you might think from the headline.
This is an open thread. What’s on your mind?