It’s time for the weekly Bike News Roundup! Did I miss anything? Post it in the comments.
First up, a video about urban cycling in Puerto Rico:
Pacific Northwest News:
- Curse # 7 | The American Poetry Review
- Cascade is hiring for Director of Policy, Planning and Government Affairs « Cascade Bicycle Club Blog
- Bellevue City Council looks at better accommodating bicyclists and pedestrians in the future « Cascade Bicycle Club Blog
- Independence Day Cargo Bike Ride! – Davey Oil’s recap of the Seattle July 4 cargo bike ride
Sad news about SODO Deli cargo trike–stolen this wkend (& miraculously recovered discarded in a bush) now has broken axle. Awaiting repairs
— familyride (@familyride) July 16, 2012
- Gregg’s Cycle 80th ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATION! – July 21-22
- BikePortland.org » PBOT continues exciting progress on ‘neighborhood greenway’ network
- Yoga for Cyclists | The Active Times
- Eastside Sees Progress On 520, Seattle Fears It’s Losing Out – Design a complete 520 trail!
- SDOT Blog » The Beacon Hill Neighborhood Greenway – Soon to Become a Reality!
Halftime show! Sea Town Fix Up #3 from Zlog:
National & Global News:
- Throwaway Economy Headed for Junk Heap of History | Grist
- How Do We Build Skinny Storefronts? – Seattle Transit Blog – Important, but often overlooked.
- Driver Plows Through Bike Corral at Duboce and Valencia, Injuring Man | Streetsblog San Francisco
- The Bike Pittsburgh Blog Archives » Trib: Bike lane to replace several blocks of free parking in Pittsburgh – The parking is dangerous to car users, so the city is turning it into a bike lane.
- The Awful Truth About the Transpo Bill’s Bike/Ped Loophole | Streetsblog Capitol Hill – Yep, the bill really does suck.
- Bronx teenagers campaign for pedestrian safety, win neighborhood ‘slow zone’ from city for Mount Eden – NY Daily News
- The Tyee – I Get Schooled by Bicycle Capitalists