It’s time for the weekly Tuesday (or Wednesday) Bike News Roundup.
First up, get ready to be inspired:
Pacific Northwest News:
- BikePortland.org » Silver lining for bicycling in new transpo bill: Less red tape for small projects
- The Daily Bike, July 10, 2012 – The supposedly real history of the famous bike in a tree on Vashon Island.
- Hiking Boots on the Bus — Mountains to Sound Greenway
- Tips for traveling the world with a bike and a backpack – Seattle Globalist
- Police: Screaming driver rams four cop cars in West Seattle – seattlepi.com
- Prison for drunk driver who hit pedestrians in Fremont | Seattle Times
- Overnight Escape From Seattle — Bike Overnights
- Drinking and bicycling, the economic perspective | Taking the Lane – Must read for all Seattle bar owners and managers.
- Melrose Promenade | The Front Porch to Seattle’s Capitol Hill – Melrose Promenade has a new website
- Biking to Family 4th « Family Ride
- A cyclocross mom jumps into the fray | Outdoors NW
- Lessons from Europe: We’re doing it wrong « Walking in Seattle
- Driver runs motorcyclist off road, leaves her injured in ditch | www.kirotv.com
- Man shot in South Seattle; injuries not life threatening | Seattle Times – Road rage.
- How a bike garter prevented me from flashing all of Seattle and having to replace my summer wardrobe — Main Tank
- PT Pedals – The first Port Townsend Pedalpalooza is happening right now.
National & Global News
- DIY speed bumps: Traffic control for neighborhoods – latimes.com
- Tour de France 2012: Part one – The Big Picture – Boston.com
- An ear on the traffic « Ride On – Study suggests riding with non-ear-plugging earbud headphones is not as dangerous as you may have thought. Being able to hear from inside a car is FAR harder than iPod-style earbuds.
- Cyclists in the City: Two more London cyclists killed this week. Meanwhile, Transport for London to temporarily close bus lanes and ban bikes from Olympic Lanes.
- Shoup: Cato HQ the Perfect Lab for Reforming Commuter Parking Subsidies | Streetsblog New York City
- Bike sharing rolls into Kansas City – KansasCity.com
- Forget the It bag, the It bike is here – FT.com