King 5 is tickled by world-class artistic bike riding, and you can be too if you make it to the Seattle Bike Expo this weekend. They ride at 3 p.m. Saturday.
It’s $10 for one day at the Expo or $12 for both Saturday and Sunday. The event will be held at the Smith Cove Cruise Terminal (directions and map). There’s a whole lot going on, but here are a few select highlights (full schedule):
- Eben Weiss, otherwise known as Bike Snob NYC, will speak Saturday at 1
- Hub and Bespoke is organizing a bike style fashion show
- The largest consumer bike show in the US
- Classic bike show
- Tons o’ fun stuff for kids. Under 15 get in free, by the way
- Michael Kollins from World Bicycle Relief will discuss “providing access to independence and livelihood through bicycles” 11:30 a.m. Sunday
- A family and cargo bike booth
- Photo contest (you have until noon Thursday to submit!)
If you got kids, Kidical Mass is meeting at Ballard Commons Park at 10:15 a.m. Saturday to ride to the show.
Are you going to the Expo? What are you looking forward to? Were you also annoyed by the “They’re not wearing helmets!” bit in the King 5 video? I appreciate that they are running with a positive bike story, but nobody who sees a cheerleader get thrown in the air at basketball game cries out, “Where’s her helmet!?”