We’re going for a world record for longest Seattle Bike Blog news roundup. We read a lot of interesting stuff in the past few weeks, and we’ve been saving it all up like carbonation in Champagne.
- Elly Blue predicts this year’s bike news, says: Your job is to keep speaking reason while the madness runs its course.
- BeaconBIKES! has a new website. Also, Beacon walks now, too.
- Map those pesky potholes! Also, Mike Lindblom wrote a fantastic, long piece about potholes plaguing the city post-snOMG. A must-read for all pothole enthusiasts.
- We hit “peak travel” years ago.
- Gene Bisbee expects to see all of these headlines this year. Get on it, USA. Black Hawk, Colorado, we’re counting on you big time.
- San Francisco is starting a bike share program. Hey, Seattle, get on that.
- Want a safe place to raise a kid? Try a city, says Bus Chick over at Grist.
- Portland is NOT a different planet.
- Bike-only boulevards?
- Tacoma launches a bike and pedestrian safety campaign that is either funny or insensitive, depending who you ask. “Pedestrians are not hood ornaments.” Hmm…
- In Baghdad, war is finally no longer the leading cause of death: it’s traffic accidents.
- A Utah mother was ticketed for letting her child walk to school.
- Make your own mini-farthing bicycle.
Intermission. Go to the bathroom, stretch, get some coffee. We’ll be back in 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1…
- Proximity to freeways increases risk of autism, says LA study.
- Study Identifies Cause of SF’s Traffic Woes: Cars
- Anne-Marije at Ballard News Tribune interviews Bus Chick Carla Saulter
- Still need more links somehow? Well I’ve got a Bike Portland Monday Roundup for you. Still not enough? How about another one.