Local music, local engineering, local pedal power. The Seattle Bicycle Music Festival is a moving music festival entirely powered by bikes (see our previous stories here and here). The festival starts at 9 a.m. in Ballard at Bergen Place (that triangle space at Leary Market). It will go from there to Denny Park, then finally to Cal Anderson. Of course, the moving will be by bike.
The planners have been hard at work designing the bike-powered electric generators and getting all the acts lined up. I’m pretty excited to see it all in action.
The schedule and route:
- Start at Bergen Place, in Ballard (at the intersection of Leary Ave, 22nd Ave NW, and NW Market St)
- 9:00 – 10:00AM Leaf Colors
- 10:15 – 11:15AM Ethan J. Perry
- 11:45AM – 12:45PM Ride to Denny Park (corner of Dexter / Denny, downtown)
- 1:15 – 2:15PM Three Ninjas
- 2:30 – 3:30PM The Mongrel Jews
- 3:45 – 5:00PM No Rey
- 5:30 – 6:30PM Ride to Cal Anderson Park
- 6:30 – 7:30PM Orkestar Zirkonium
- 7:30 – 8:30PM Manigua Band
- 8:45 – 10:00PM Goose Vargis
View Seattle Bicycle Music Festival route in a larger map