But while the “love” theme may have made a bit more sense closer to Valentine’s Day, it’s never too late to love biking. Join Back Alley Bike Repair, Pronto Cycle Share, Zipcar and WAbikes in Nord Alley Thursday evening (between 1st and Occidental just north of Jackson) for the third annual #BikeLove party.
Get there by 6 if you want to go on the ride, or just swing by the alley after 6:30 for the party. It’s free, though you will certainly have opportunities to donate to WAbikes. You can RSVP free online here.
We postponed this event from February, when the forecast for high winds sounded like a bad combination with our plans for pop-up tents and a bicycle artist welder shooting sparks. Now it’s time to feel the love for sure.
Back Alley Bike Repair, Pronto! Cycle Share, Zipcar and Washington Bikes have banded together again to make #BikeLove 3.0 happen. The event is free; RSVP on EventBrite to give the partners an idea how many people to expect. (We hope you’ll support the event with a tax-deductible donation that helps us cover our bartender cost.)
Join us in celebrating Seattle’s diverse bike culture during the third annual #BikeLove shindig. This year we’re all about recognizing different spokes for different folks and the many unique bike scenes that make up Seattle. All kinds of riders for all kinds of reasons! This is the place to be whether you’re any of these or none of these:
- a rubber-banded right ankle business commuter;
- single speed, balance-guru polo player;
- 3% body fat cyclocross racer or triathlete;
- cargo-bike kid-carrying parent;
- competitive time trialist in logo kit;
- bike traveler with waterproof panniers and a map holder;
- around-town casual cruiser;
- tandeming twosome;
- newly minted Pronto rider testing the two-way bike lane on 2nd Ave.
New this year, we’ll be having a social group ride around Pioneer Square to showcase all of our unique styles! Details:
- Arrive at Nord Alley by 6:00p (BYOB – Bring Your Own Bike!) behind the Washington Bikes office at 314 1st Ave. South.
- Group will head to Occidental Park where Pronto! Cycle Share will be distributing FREE Day Passes to the first 15 riders! First come, first served.
- Our group will ride around Pioneer Square and surrounding neighborhoods on a predetermined route for 20-30 minutes
- Return to Occidental Park and then head back to Nord Alley by 6:30pm
- This group ride is optional, so if you’d like to skip it just head straight to Nord Alley around 6:30p!
Watch the sparks fly as local kinetic sculptor and metal worker Matthew Dockery creates a one-of-a-kind Frankenstein-esque “Bike Love” sculpture from recycled bike frames and parts! Enjoy all this and more during Pioneer Square Seattle’s First Thursday Art Walk. Feel the #BikeLove and Spring in the air!