It’s time for a somewhat snowy Bike News Roundup!
First up, Seattle’s Be Super Safe campaign released this video of what happens to He-Man when he tries to take a driving selfie:
Pacific Northwest News
- VIDEO: Truck crashes into Everett college | www.kirotv.com
- Teen admits to texting while driving during deadly wreck | KOMO News
- Help make walking safer – Seattle Pedestrian Advisory Board seeks new members » Queen Anne View
- City of Seattle now accepting proposals to Neighborhood Park and Street Fund
- Tell the Climate Workgroup to Take Action Now | Cascade Bicycle Club
- A towering controversy in the Rainier Valley | Crosscut.com
- Sound Transit Refines Ballard Options | Seattle Transit Blog
- Seattle DOT increases a speed limit, really | The Today File | Seattle Times
- Trial likely in Seahawks RB Marshawn Lynch’s DUI case – Seattle Seahawks & NFL News
- Cyclist of the Month: Lieutenant Colonel Anthony Bolante | Cascade Bicycle Club
- Holiday drunken-driving crackdowns this weekend | The Today File | Seattle Times
- New mayor means more wiggle room in Seattle bike plan | KING5.com Seattle
- Kent salon hit by a car again | www.kirotv.com – “Again”
- Six injured in kirkland car accident | www.kirotv.com
- Rainier Valley Greenways – Outreach materials in 9 languages. Awesome.
- Team Group Health » TGH named USA Cyling’s Women’s Team of the Year!
- Bicycle counter planned for North Delridge’s 26th SW greenway | West Seattle Blog
- To Vote or Not to Vote? Metro Vancouver Ponders Transit Referendum – Next City
- City, Alta Bicycle Share secure funding for Portland Bike Share system | BikePortland.org
- Bikes in Parks | Cascade Bicycle Club
- SDOT Blog » Seeing New Warning Lights at Crosswalks? Please Stop.
- More than 100 Washington day cares dangerously close to pollution-clogged roadways | InvestigateWest
- Mayor McGinn’s Biggest Regret: ‘I Didn’t Learn Fast Enough’ | KUOW News and Information
- Who are you calling Fast and Fearless?! | Off The Beaten Path
Halftime show! Bus service not good enough? Maybe you should start your own bus company:
National & Global News
- Copenhagenize.com – Bicycle Culture by Design: New Bicycle Goodness in Copenhagen – and a Screw up
- Barclays to end sponsorship of Boris Johnson’s London bike hire scheme | Politics | The Guardian – Amid public concerns that the deal is too good for Barclays, and other firms weren’t given the proper opportunity to big for the top sponsorship rights.
- BeyondDC » The reason cyclists love green bike lanes
- Why does cycling thrive in some cities and not in others? | The Economist
- Bloomberg Focuses on Rest (as in Rest of the World) – NYTimes.com
- Teen Sentenced To Probation For Deadly DWI Crash « CBS Dallas / Fort Worth – “Affluenza” apparently an acceptable legal defense for killing people with negligent and irresponsible driving.
- Shifting Gears To Make Bike-Sharing More Accessible | KUOW News and Information
- Complete Streets: Why America Needs the Safe Streets Act of 2013 | Center for American Progress
- Blumenauer gasoline tax hike: Oregon congressman wants higher fuel taxes, and he’s right.
- How Bike Lanes Increase Small Business Revenue
- Bike helmets are less effective than we think | ScienceNordic
This is an open thread.