It’s time for the weekly Bike News Roundup! First up, could these very cheap helmets made from old newspapers help give bike share users the option of wearing a helmet (could be sold for about $1.50)? Would they pass US helmet standards?
Pacific Northwest News
- Office of Sustainability and Environment – Built Environment – Final public comment period on the Climate Action Plan is now
- The Ballard Neighborhood Greenway is now on Google Maps
- Man accidentally drives over toddler in Concrete | KOMO News – So scary.
- New apartments in Seattle area don’t halt rise in rents | The Seattle Times
- Metro Vancouverites support separated bike lanes: survey | CTV British Columbia News – Support for protected bike lanes spreads to the whole region in Vancouver.
- BikePortland.org » What caused Portland’s biking boom?
- Option 9 | Seattle Transit Blog – Word.
- South Snohomish County residents share their vision for bike-friendly streets on a community bicycle audit « Cascade Bike Blog
— familyride (@familyride) June 30, 2013
— Seattle Library (@SPLBuzz) June 30, 2013
- Mean streets: A bike lover braces for cycling in the city | Grist
- Cab driver killed in crash with suspected drunk driver in Auburn | KOMO News
Halftime Show! Here’s the plan for the world’s largest bike parking structure:
National & Global News
- Citi Bike Is My New iPhone
- Hanging Out in Your Garage Is Not a Crime, Except When it Is – Emily Badger – The Atlantic Cities
- Cycle Chic®: Putting the Share into Bike Share
- Seven Cyclists Injured In Arkansas Highway Crash | WREG.com
- Move over Amsterdam, the London cycling revolution is in top gear – London Evening Standard
- How A Minority Biking Group Raises The Profile Of Cycling : Code Switch : NPR
- Seven-and-a-Half Million Cars Trigger Parking Wars in Delhi – NYTimes.com
- The End of Car Culture – NYTimes.com
- Area Man Can’t Believe Bike Lanes Didn’t Ruin Business | Fly on the Wall Blog
This is an open thread.