It’s the weekly Bike News Roundup! I’m back in Seattle after a week in St. Louis. I’m sure I missed some stuff while I was gone, so be sure to fill the holes in this roundup in the comments below. This is an open thread (feel free to discuss anything bikey below).
The car is king in STL, but I saw more people biking those mean streets than I’ve ever seen before. Cycling is contagious, and I can only imagine how many more people would try it if every city realized the vision Vancouver, BC is aiming for:
Pacific Northwest News:
- UW Station pedestrian bridge takes shape over Montlake Blvd | montlaker
- Sun shines on colorful Kitsap Color Classic bicycle ride » Biking Bis
- Green Lane Project – Should neighborhood greenways be counted as “quality bikeways?”
- We’re hiring! « Cascade Bike Blog – Be a Washington State bike lobbyist!
Halftime show! Emily Finch is awesome. I love hearing her back story:
National & Global News:
- Planners suggest rerouting I-70 out of central Denver – Boulder Daily Camera – As a one-time resident, I can say that this would be great for Denver.
- The World’s Most Luxurious Subway Ride – The Atlantic Cities – So cool.
- fantasy bike debate (with tweets) · BikeCarrboro · Storify – If only the presidential debates actually asked these questions (or that our nation’s culture were so bike-loving that they would be required debate topics)
- Louisville Doubles Down on Disruptive Downtown Highway | Streetsblog Capitol Hill – Don’t do it!