So … it’s been a little rainy this week. But I know ALL of you have ridden to work/school/the bar every day, anyway. Especially since the city has been out counting people biking and walking the past couple days. That’s why you deserve a little party.
Well, all of you headed near the UW this evening between 4 and 7 p.m. should check out the UW Trail Party in the tiny park between Brooklyn Ave and University Way along the Burke-Gilman Trail:
Even more than these great motivators to ride, I love all of the opportunities throughout the month to get together and celebrate getting around on two wheels. The first big one, that’s free and open to all riders, is the UW Trail Party next Thursday from 4 p.m. – 7 p.m. Put on jointly by Cascade and U-PASS, the party is going to have music, bike fits, safety checks and free food samples.
Specifically, you can check out:
- The UW Commuter Services booth with give-a-ways for first time UW bikers and team captains
- Bike fits from Group Health physical therapists
- UW Police doing bike registrations
- Hall Health selling discounted safety gear
- Recycled Cycles and Performance Cycles providing free bike safety inspections
- Samples from Nuun, Honest Tea, and Pop Chips
- Cascade’s own dj mi spinning tunes
Check out more upcoming Bike Month 2011 events.